• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

rhm3769's growth-New pics, Butch T and Scotch Bonnet pods

Most recent, have a few earlier pics posted elsewhere.... Both are white habaneros, the first is about 6" tall, the second is about 8", both about 6 weeks from sprouting....

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Got some harvest pictures to post eventually.... Over the last 2 weeks or so, I've gotten 60+ white habaneros, 3 Santa fe grandes partially ripe and 3 scotch bonnets....

The plants at work have turned around and have buds everywhere, I'm starting to lose sunlight on the balcony so things are slow going at home....

Butch t is starting to ripen! Lighting is weird and color isn't showing in pictures.... With what it's done in a day, I'm guessing a week at most to finish ripening....

So I cut it up and brought it in to work today.... A bunch of people wanted to try it, so I cut everything up smaller than originally planned.... One sniff and people started backing down.... It was pretty hot, nowhere near what I was expecting.... The piece of a bhut I had was much much hotter.... My buddy who tried this with me today said it was worse than the 4 bhuts he has eaten whole....

No burning while cutting it and removing the seeds, but I didn't get much of anything on my hands.... One hand washing with soap and I couldn't taste any heat on my fingers.... Habaneros, I don't get any burning either but it takes 3-4 hand washings to get everything off....

Did he get a piece much hotter than mine or did he get bhuts that weren't as hot as the one I had? And if this was really that hot, shouldn't my hands have felt something, or am I one of those special ones that don't feel it on my hands?

So I had another butch t ripening over the weekend.... But a snail ate half of it.... A coworker cut off a piece the snail didn't touch, he was feeling it fr about an hour.... And I knew this one would be hotter than the last....

Looking at the inside, it had a bit more oil in it.... So mad.... They'll crawl all over the other plants and eat the leaves, they won't touch the butch t leaves but they leave the other pods alone and go after the butch t pods....

Back