• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Ribs for Christmas Eve (with pics this time :))

Wishing everyone a Happy, Happy Holiday season!!!

I am presently cooking ribs for our Christmas Eve Dinner and this time I remembered to take some pictures. :onfire:

Here is what I did:

Rubbed garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, 2 teaspoons each of Orange Hab powder, Tabasco powder and Cayenne powder.

Add 1 inch of water (less if the ribs are less lean), cover and place in oven pre-heated at 350 f.

I'll cook them on 350 for about 1 hour and then turn down the heat to 275 - 300 f and continue cooking for another 2 to 3 hours. Then remove and drain off any left over liquid and liberally brush on BBQ sauce. Place back in oven at 350 until the BBQ sauce becomes baked on. Then ENJOY :)

More pics to come in an hour or so.

2ndMicsDecember2008003.jpg

2ndMicsDecember2008002.jpg

OMG!!! I am still enjoying a pleasant burn after finishing dinner 15 minutes ago. The meat just fell off the bones and melted in my mouth. The combination of pepper powders I used was phenomenal...

Here's a picture of the finished product.
DSCF2945.jpg

Man! That looks really good! I have been eating chilli all night but that still makes me hungry LOL
Out of curiosity what BBQ sauce do you use?

Looks good, I'm smoking some ribs right now for Chritmas snacks. I use quite a bit of brown sugar(turbinado when I have it) and salt in my rub along with chile powders and other herbs/spices.

POTAWIE said:
Looks good, I'm smoking some ribs right now for Chritmas snacks. I use quite a bit of brown sugar(turbinado when I have it) and salt in my rub along with chile powders and other herbs/spices.

Snacks? So the main course would be like the Flinstone brontosaurus ribs?

Cheers, TB.

Brontosauras ribs...insert Homer drooling noise here....................................................... I love ribs. You're a funny guy TB.

They're looking great PRF, thanks for sharing the pics!

Back