• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Ribs - which one to get

Hey guys:

A grocery store by me has ribs on sale but I'm not sure which style to get they have:

"Small Meaty Pork Spare Ribs" for $1.58/lb
"Country Style Pork Ribs" for $1.28/lb
"St. Louis Style Spare Ribs" for $1.98/lb

Those are the exact descriptions from the ad. I'm leaning towards the St. Louis, but wondered which do you like or use to smoke?

thanks
-PP

Meaty ribs taste like pork chops.

Get the St. Louis spare.

Def St Louis the country style are picnic butt cut into strips I dont know what small meaty ones are unless they are baby back but it says spares at that price Id go with the St Louis

St. Louis all the way. I always avoid country ribs, as they have a ton of excess fat and bones. Prices for ribs here usually are around $3.00!!

LGHT said:
St. Louis all the way. I always avoid country ribs, as they have a ton of excess fat and bones. Prices for ribs here usually are around $3.00!!

Country ribs are good just need to braise them kinda like cookin' a small butt honestly

I know you already picked these up, but in the future, just buy the whole slab and trim them yourself! Then you get the ribs and the "rib tips".

This is a good video on how to diy.[video=youtube;VYMNLMQmM4s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYMNLMQmM4s[/video]

Back