• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

RichardK's Growing Op. Update - April 18th

Hello everyone, so far so good this season... Plants are doing great and a few even have some early pods!

And the pics.

This is the odd looking "west indies" habanero I found at a store last year, doing great so far.
Phto0008_s.jpg

High Res

Some "early" Caribbean Red Habaneros.
Phto0012_s.jpg

High Res
Phto0013_s.jpg

High Res
Phto0014_s.jpg

High Res

Those are the ones I could find, the place is a jungle and those last two snuck up on me this morning while I was inspecting my grow room.

Also, I dont know if anyone else gets this, but my grow room has this great Lilac smell, I think it's coming from all the flowers.

Anyone else get that Lilac smell from their Habaneros?

peppermanbaha said:
what types are those

Most of them are Caribbean Red Habaneros, the rest are Orange Habaneros and "West Indies" Habanero.

Images below are what the fruit look like.

Caribbean Red habanero
chilli_habanero.jpg

Orange habanero
FreshOrangeHabaneroChiles.jpg

West Indies habanero
istockphoto_1129253_west_indies_chili_peppers.jpg

Ohh and a Big Boy, Hybrid Tomato which is quickly taking over my grow room!

Are you in the pepper spray business or what? :)

Nay, you would be growing 7 pots if that were the case....... :lol:

Man, Caribbean Reds are my favorite (next to jalapenos). They are the all-time best chinense variety peppers for allaround general use - sauces, powders, cooking, you name it. And I've always enjoyed the way they shape up and look.

Very nice indeed!

Pepperfreak said:
Looks great...I am not going to even try and imagine how you water all of those plants, especially the ones in the back.

I have access all around the table the pots are standing on, so I can pour water from one of the four large water jugs. There are a few pots that are in the middle of the table and to water those I have a tall plastic drinking cup (see photos), I then contort my body to pour 2-3 full glasses worth into the pots.

I also have mulch in all the pots to prevent excessive topsoil evaporation.

Back