• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ripe 7 pod's at last!

Drool is the right word the 7pot has a great taste..To me the best of the Scorpion,Jolokia,Nagas etc really Hot but lovely dep taste to :)

Really a nice evil pod Biscombe!
@talas IMHO the best is the Scorpion indeed, couse the flavor is hot as hell but don't make any problem at the stomach.

Its a matter of taste my friend i like the Scorpion to and i no what you mean i had a painful early morning stomach ache after a night of a 7pot curry it was really bad :lol: ;)

Maybe it also had something to do with the 14 beers you drank to put out the fire, lol.

Still no answer on whether 7 POTs have tails? Where is Omri or Trini?

Mine absolutely don't.

They taper to a point on some, but no twists or turns like those.

I have 2 plants with pretty consistent pod shape.

cheezydemon said:
Maybe it also had something to do with the 14 beers you drank to put out the fire, lol.

Still no answer on whether 7 POTs have tails? Where is Omri or Trini?

Yes 7pots have tails..Depends which strain your on about though :)

The "classic" 7-Pots do not have tails, but several of my strains do in one form or another. none of them is stable, though. seems like there isn't a single stable chile in all of Trinidad. I personally find it a challenge. :)

I think the tail is got to do with external conditions within many of the superhots, heaps of my nagas have tails some of my 7s do but not all. I got a 10 month growing season here and pod shapes are very veriable up to temps polination, wether the flower falls of or hangs on etc etc.
I got some fatalii that looklike scorpions.
I just think they all of the variable shape aspect.

stillmanz said:
I think the tail is got to do with external conditions within many of the superhots, heaps of my nagas have tails some of my 7s do but not all. I got a 10 month growing season here and pod shapes are very veriable up to temps polination, wether the flower falls of or hangs on etc etc.
I got some fatalii that looklike scorpions.
I just think they all of the variable shape aspect.

Excellent point my friend :)

talas said:
Excellent point my friend :)
Well only my Scorpions and 7-Pots have tails, but I guess it's a good point.
I'm thinking it might be a sign of... or more precisely the lack of stability.

Think Stability is an issue there as many folks cross there native variety's with others giving us all those lovely 7pot types :)

Guess Trini just popped in for a minute! Haven't seen her since.

Oh Well!

In the end, the 1 7POT plant has outproduced 2 scorpions and 3 nagas. In the end , (did I say that twice??) that may be more of a consideration for me. My space is somewhat limited.

Back