• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ripe Nipples

I harvested my first ripe Nipples pod today and tried a piece of it (the rest went into the chili I am cooking). I wouldn't rate it as a super hottie, I'd say it has the heat of a Bird's Eye. It also shares an intense up front burn. I feel it on my lips and on the tip of my tongue! It lacks a fruity aroma though, it's just plain hot!

There's a surprisingly high number of seeds in such a small pod, too.

Sorry, here's a pic, its a couple of days old, but it's the most current I have, just picture them a bit more orangish than this:

DSC02479.jpg

I edited out the tape, of course!

They were about a dozen seeds in one pod, not too bad for a thumbnail sized pod.

Too true, they'd probably be good as powder or just to add some heat to whatever. They don't taste really sh***y either, like Aurora or other ornamentals.

They're kind of small--I like big nipples myself.

Up front heat you say? I like that too. What's the name of these?

Thanks.:)

Oh alright you got me --- May I please have some of your nipple ..... seeds? so I will no longer be nipple-less

patrick said:
What's the name of these?
Thanks.:)

They're called Nipples, another Trinidad variety.

LUCKYDOG said:
Oh alright you got me --- May I please have some of your nipple ..... seeds? so I will no longer be nipple-less

I will gladly end your suffering. Please PM me your address again! :)

Back