• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Ripening times

This year was the first time I tried to grow chillies and had a lot of bad luck in the begining, so my plants are starting to produce fruit now, at the end of summer.
Basically I just can't wait for my chillies to ripen so i was wondering if someone could tell me approximate time chillies take to ripen?

I'm waiting for
NuMex Twilight
Bolivian Rainbow
Jalapeno
Tabasco
Bird's Eye
Bhut Jolokia

Thanks! :)

As the daylight hours shorten the pods will ripen sooner. Smaller chili's tend to ripen quicker, your ornamentals should be popping first, the Jalapenos next (I prefer them green) and the bhut much later.

Greg

+1 Pic 1
Pozdravljeni! The smaller ornamental varieties should be first, I have 100's of ripe Bolivian Rainbows. I have also had nearly 100 Bhut Jolokia, but I planted my first seeds on Jan 1st.
Where are you in Slovenia? I'm from England, but live in Prekmurje :)

Thanks for your answers.
I was just asking here because i wanted to know about your own experience with this. I've seen people writing their twilights took 2-3 weeks to ripen, others say 2 months. I know it mostly depends on the environment, but still it's nice to know about personal experiences sometimes. Probably should have stated it clearly. :)

I'm from Brezice - that's about 10km from the KK nuclear power plant. (no, i'm too far away from it to become a mutant or glow or something like that :P )

no, i'm too far away from it to become a mutant or glow or something like that :P
That's too bad. The non-mutants are at a severe disadvantage when the mutants go out to hunt. At least you'll be able to hide better if you don't glow.

And I'm in the same stage as you hollan, getting peppers on my plants too late in the season and hoping they'll hurry the hell up and ripen before winter destroys them.

Back