• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Roasted Cherry Pepper with Goat Cheese (w/pic)

If I may steal Hotstepper's quote:

"They are righteous with goat cheese."

I was checkiing out a thread under Hot Sauce making about how to use Cherry Bomb peppers and I took Hotsteppers idea and ran with it. I added only olive oil and a touch of salt to the lightly roasted peppers and goat cheese.  Add your favorite crusty bread and you have simple perfection.
Fan-freakin-tastic! Thanks Hotstepper.

Next time basil and garlic too.

They look great. These work beautifully fresh with Brie as well, we've found using Hemp Oil and blistering them for 30 seconds or so works best.

Wrap with a little prosciutto and some nice melon or your favorite citrus fruit for low carb snacks. Great post. Sssoo hungry! :)

oldsalty said:
Wrap with a little prosciutto and some nice melon or your favorite citrus fruit for low carb snacks. Great post. Sssoo hungry! :)

oh god now i'm hungry and it's too late to eat

We do roasted Peppadewstm with goat cheese quite often around here. They are a great little appetizer when theres guests over for dinner and you're not done yet.

One of the first things that really got me into peppers, was trying some hot cherry peppers stuffed with prosciutto and provolone at the Fl Fiery Foods Festival years back.  Awesome!

Now I have several more ways to try them out... LOL

No cherries but I do have some Bishops Crowns ripening I can try this with and I have some feta cheese in the fridge. Thanks for the idea !

Back