• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Robisc 2013 Alabama grow

OK guys, this is my second year growing from seed and let’s hope this year goes better than last year as it was a disaster all the way around, though I have learned a lot from all of you folks here. The seeds below are what I started a few days ago and I got them from the folks here (in parentheses) so I’m certain that they will be better than the ones I got last year from unknown sources. My setup is simple, this time I am using Jiffy Mix organic seed starter mix, under my trays I have some homemade heating made with Christmas lights under clay cat litter, the soil temp stays around 82 degrees, none of the seeds have made it up out of the soil yet so still waiting, these were planted on the 9th, I will try and keep this updated as I go.

Trinidad scotch Bonnet Red (pulpiteer)
Trinidad scotch Bonnet yellow (pulpiteer)
7 pot red (capsaicin)
Fatali (captain capsaicin)
Black stinger (captain capsaicin)
Red Bhut Jolokia (captain capsaicin)
Trinidad scorpion
Butch T scorpion (captain capsaicin)
Red Bishops Crown (ajijoe)
Medusa (ajijoe)
Ordono (ajijoe)
Black pearl (ajijoe)
Chinese 5 color (ajijoe)
Yellow sweet bell (ajijoe)
Red sweet bell (ajijoe)
Royal Black (ajijoe)
Chilly Chile (ajijoe)
Tri-color Cayenne (ajijoe)
Infinity (ajijoe)
7 Pot Brain Strain (ajijoe)
Bell green (Burpee)
Jalapeno (Burpee)
Serrano (Burpee)
Anaheim (Burpee)

IMG_20130207_195157_zpsa44edd8f.jpg

IMG_20130209_120636_zps1f1b3878.jpg

Well I have two that broke ground last night, pic below, one Infinity and one Ordono, I got those seeds from ajijoe, i think he uses deer antler spray on them since they came up so quick. Today I'm gonna finish my planting out with these, Jalapeno M, Anaheim, Serrano, Caribbean red, orange habanero, California Wonder green bell.

IMG_20130214_080506_zps620c374c.jpg

Nice start; hooks look healthy and strong!
Good growin' down your way!

Just growing a little bit more and added some Serrano and Anaheim seeds to the set, I've had really good germ rates so far just hoping they don't die. Of interest the only ones on my list above with less than 100% germ rate are Fatali, Butch T, Red Bishops Crown, Chinese 5 color and Chilly Chili, these are at 50-75% Here's a pic of a few I just took, and they are not yellow like this depicts, it was my phone flash that made them look that way.
IMG_20130304_165040_zps4b708776.jpg

Well I got a 4ft 2 bulb shop light they are getting leggy, also lost a couple to getting too dry, it's hard to stay on top of the moisture level, also running a fan on them, how long daily do you guys normally run your fans?

IMG_20130308_170953_zpsa5676647.jpg

IMG_20130308_171020_zps37c6ae86.jpg

Well I got a 4ft 2 bulb shop light they are getting leggy, also lost a couple to getting too dry, it's hard to stay on top of the moisture level, also running a fan on them, how long daily do you guys normally run your fans?

I know it's important to strengthen their legs, but I've stayed away from fans specifically because of the enhanced drying they cause.

Guys my plants just don't seem to be growing fast enough to me, here's a pic of a Trinidad scotch Bonnet yellow and an Infinity, I'm just not sure where they need to be right now but think they should be much larger than this, do any of you have seeds that were started around February 9 that I could compare to and what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

IMG_20130327_213406_zps819b4b25.jpg

IMG_20130327_213436_zps580f00b8.jpg

Yeah, they should be bigger. Later today I'll post some pictures taken yesterday of mine, which were planted on 2/11. Does your mix have nutrients in it? Mine sat like yours for a few days until I started feeding them. Gave them something to eat (1/4-1/8 standard strength) and they took off right away.

Back