Rock Dust

solid7 said:

To be honest, that isn't a fair comparison...  Hydroponically grown produce tastes like shit compared to almost any soil grown produce.  Hydroponics serves the purpose of producing lots of food, really fast, but it isn't the method you use for winning taste tests.
Your right Solid7, but I did include regular soil. Hydroponics really produce the most bland tasting produce I ever had, so I do agree with you. Just grow using miracle grow in plain soil and it will be pretty bland, not quite as bad, but still bland.

Another interesting thing I noticed is how some peppers are more bland than others when grown different ways. One really noticeable pepper is the chocolate habanero, verses a ghost pepper. From my experience the ghost pepper seems to retain a bit more of its flavor when grown in either poor soils, or hydroponically. However, the chocolate habs grown in hydro have very little flavor in comparison to its soil counterpart. As well the chemically grown habs in soil are similar. The minerals really help to make the chocolate habs rich tasting and improve its smell as well.

ColdSmoke said:
Dammit guys...now I have to go buy some biochar. This discussion is great, but expensive.

Buy?  LOL...  

I think you meant to say MAKE, and the discussion is LABORIOUS.

Back