• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RocketMan's 2013 Glog; In The House!!

There are no gardening mistakes,only experiments." -- Janet Kilburn Phillips

I love that quote and it will try my best to remember it through this new grow. So, I'm going with only 18 varities this year as we're looking at moving to a larger house if not buying this summer and I really don't want to have to try and haul a ton of plants when we do. the ones I've selected are:

1. 7 Pot Jonah---------------------------- Pic 1
2. Aji Lemon------------------------------- romy6
3. Chili De Arbol Negro------------------ smokemaster via SocalChilihead
4. Datil-------------------------------------- Pic 1
5. Fatalii------------------------------------ Pic 1
6. Gochu----------------------------------- Stickman
7. Red Savania--------------------------- Pic 1
8. Chocolate Habanero----------------- Pic 1
9. West Indian Yellow Habanero------ Pic 1
10. Jalabanero---------------------------- SocalChilihead
11. Jalapeno------------------------------- frydad4
12. Douglah-------------------------------- Pic 1
13. Peruvian White Habanero---------- ????
14. Scotch Bonnet Jamican Red------- Pic 1
15. Thai Short----------------------------- Lieban
16. Jamican Hot Chocolate------------- ????
17. Butch T-------------------------------- Pic 1
18. T Scorpion Yellow------------------- Pic 1

Here's the layout and they went into the dirt.

100_3209.jpg

SeedlingMap_zps94636340.jpg

Alot of them are ones i started last year that never grew beyond a certain point and I'm pretty sure that a lot of it was my new grower mistakes. Since I really want to try them I'm giving them a grow again. Once again, thanks to everyone that helped me getting started with gifts of seeds and to all on here thanks for leaving your incredable words of wisdom that we can all learn from.

Cheers to a bountiful grow this year.
RM

That looks like a burger I could really sink my teeth into... good job Bill! I hear ya 'bout running out of time. I had to work the 4th and the weekend. Maybe when they do an Asian throwdown I'll be able to get in on the fun...

Thanks everyone, the burger was really good and while it takes a bit of time to get everything made the freshness of the ingredients and flavors just cant be beat.

Doc, the Hail Mary for the house continues. it's just a bit aggravating that it's taking so long. In the end if we get the house it'll all be worth it though. 

Was out sick yesterday, is there anything worse that those 24 hour stomach bugs, so have a bit of catching up to do at work today. Hope all y'all are have a good week.

Feeling better so decided to test my stomach out

Here's the pic:
EC1656EE-AEB7-40C2-9ADE-775B48A03D4D-10183-00000ECC8154D476_zps04a6ef93.jpg

Here's what it is:

Porter House Steak seasoned with Smoked Haba-Peno Powder done on the grill. Potato done in the Microwave with butter and left over Chipotle Labneh and a bowl of left over Tabouli. It was off the HOOK!!!!

Oh, and I had a small harvest:

8C862B75-E702-4125-8426-758F37FAC5CA-10183-00000ECC8C66C35B_zps4602c535.jpg

Oh yeah, Im good :)

Just making sauce for fun right now but hoping to be up to selling it soon. Welcome to THP, there's a lot of great Florida people on here for you to get to know. 

So I had the left over steak and taters for dinner tonight and tonight I remembered t o get a picture of my roommates as I ate dinner. So look at the foodie pic above and picture this a foot or so beyond and that's what having a steak dinner is like with this crew.

FAEA32B3-86C2-4BD1-985F-FF0952DAE952-10696-00000FA5928C7FAF_zps460226d4.jpg

Ok, in order to try and straighten out what these plants are I went back through my whole Glog from last year from the start till I figured out what I put into the big pots. Looks like the ones that I potted up were:

Douglah - Good
Thai Short - Good
Datil - Good
Fatalii - Good
TS Butch T - Dead
Peruvian White Hab - Dead
Jalapeno - Dead

So, it looks like the Chocolate something is a Douglah
The Fatalii I think is either a Red Savina or a cross
The Mystery doesn't look like a Datil so, still a mystery

So, I'm glad to have a Douglah that's pumping out pods and this is a good thing because I've been wanting to do just a pure Douglah sauce. The other plants are still doing good and have give me some good pods no matter what they are.

Y'all have a great weekend 

Damnit, Bill: you need to be a-prayin' for serious forgiveness with that P-house and . . . I'm right there empathizin' with pups. :mope: :rofl:

Anyhow, ;) what'd ya put in da tea, mon? (Good Lawd that meal looks amazing. Geesh. Fixing spag for parents tonight and that just . . . whine!!!) :rofl:

Annie you cracking me up!

The tea is Black Velvet Mushroom Compost, don't have my own going yet,fresh pulled grass with some roots attached, Molasses, and some Plant Tone for some Mycos. I also gave the plants a nice dose of Alaskan Fish Fert last Wednesday night.

Next batch I think I'll also add some egg shells for some calcium and some used coffee grounds

Ok, tea has been served and from what I've heard from the news, just in time. This morning has been beautiful but starting this afternoon it's supposed to be wet the rest of the weekend. I'm hoping that it'll just be a nice soaking rain but I have a feeling that its going to be that Tropical storm kind of downpour. 

Have a good on y'all!

Back