• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RocketMan's 2013 Glog; In The House!!

There are no gardening mistakes,only experiments." -- Janet Kilburn Phillips

I love that quote and it will try my best to remember it through this new grow. So, I'm going with only 18 varities this year as we're looking at moving to a larger house if not buying this summer and I really don't want to have to try and haul a ton of plants when we do. the ones I've selected are:

1. 7 Pot Jonah---------------------------- Pic 1
2. Aji Lemon------------------------------- romy6
3. Chili De Arbol Negro------------------ smokemaster via SocalChilihead
4. Datil-------------------------------------- Pic 1
5. Fatalii------------------------------------ Pic 1
6. Gochu----------------------------------- Stickman
7. Red Savania--------------------------- Pic 1
8. Chocolate Habanero----------------- Pic 1
9. West Indian Yellow Habanero------ Pic 1
10. Jalabanero---------------------------- SocalChilihead
11. Jalapeno------------------------------- frydad4
12. Douglah-------------------------------- Pic 1
13. Peruvian White Habanero---------- ????
14. Scotch Bonnet Jamican Red------- Pic 1
15. Thai Short----------------------------- Lieban
16. Jamican Hot Chocolate------------- ????
17. Butch T-------------------------------- Pic 1
18. T Scorpion Yellow------------------- Pic 1

Here's the layout and they went into the dirt.

100_3209.jpg

SeedlingMap_zps94636340.jpg

Alot of them are ones i started last year that never grew beyond a certain point and I'm pretty sure that a lot of it was my new grower mistakes. Since I really want to try them I'm giving them a grow again. Once again, thanks to everyone that helped me getting started with gifts of seeds and to all on here thanks for leaving your incredable words of wisdom that we can all learn from.

Cheers to a bountiful grow this year.
RM

Bill, best of luck in your grow this year and looking forward to reading & seeing some of dem experiments you got up your sleeve as your glog develops. So far so good and I hear you on moving loads of stuff, been there, done that and I don’t like it either … PS buy now if you can before the prices continue to go up, again great grow to a local Florida brethren :)

Bill, that's a great seed list. Compact and wicked!
Good on ya for trying to restore sanity to the growing
process. Eighteen varieties sounds very manageable.
Good luck with moving into a new space, whatever
the case!

Whoa, looks like you have your work cut out for you this year.

You keeping those outside already?

Yep, the lowest my temps have been to here has been about 42. If the temps take a dive I can have them in the garage in about 5 minutes so no problem.

looking forward to following your grow this year.

thank you, here's to a good grow year for us all

Bill, best of luck in your grow this year and looking forward to reading & seeing some of dem experiments you got up your sleeve as your glog develops. So far so good and I hear you on moving loads of stuff, been there, done that and I don’t like it either … PS buy now if you can before the prices continue to go up, again great grow to a local Florida brethren :)

It'll be nice if we can but whether or not we can we'll be moving into something bigger as we might have both our college students back in the house and we'll need more.

Looking good wild Bill!!!

Thank you sir

Bill, that's a great seed list. Compact and wicked!
Good on ya for trying to restore sanity to the growing
process. Eighteen varieties sounds very manageable.
Good luck with moving into a new space, whatever
the case!

Yes sir, I want to start some other things growing, non-pepper but i may have to wait till next year or the fall to do so if it's too hot to start after the move.

Thanks for stopping by and hope y'all have a great weekend.
Bill

Nice list there! 18 varieties sounds manageable, but 6 of each is still over a hundred plants!

I envy you being able to start them outdoors. Skip all that hardening off nonsense, and save money not having to buy the whole grow light set up! It was - 5 degrees when I got up this morning!!!

Best wishes for a bountiful season!

Nice list there! 18 varieties sounds manageable, but 6 of each is still over a hundred plants!

I envy you being able to start them outdoors. Skip all that hardening off nonsense, and save money not having to buy the whole grow light set up! It was - 5 degrees when I got up this morning!!!

Best wishes for a bountiful season!

Hi Bonnie, yes its over a hundred plants but I'll only keep the ones I want, like 2 or 3 of each and the rest will go to some good friends.

good luck with the season,cant wait to see pics of big sexy plants.

Best wishes on a good grow to you too Sic. Hoping my Peruvian White Habs make some pods this year.

Hey did those Jalaps stay no-heat???

Yes Sir they sure did. Now where is the Frydad4 Glog? Let me know if you need any seeds.

Nice start

Thanks, still a little cautious after last year but I'm not using any used pots this year and getting an eariler start so...

Have a great weekend and check out the Throwdown if you've never followed one before they're great fun and the FloPo is poised to kick the NWP out to sea :)

Bill

The OWs are doing good and look at this

100_3215.jpg

yep still getting Tomatoes

Cayenneta
This is a great producer of great flavored mild peppers. This is 3 plants in a hanging basket so it's great for Apartments.

100_3217.jpg

and some color

100_3216.jpg

Jalapeno

100_3218.jpg

Thai Short Hot

100_3220.jpg

and 2 ripe firecrackers

100_3219.jpg

Well teh stick says Datil but I'm pretty sure the kids messed with them and thsi is a Fatalii

100_3221.jpg

and more pods coming in

100_3222.jpg

Peruvian White Habanero

100_3223.jpg

Not sure exactly what this is but it's getting lots of thses pretty little blooms on it and has given me one nice red Pumpkin shaped pot.

100_3224.jpg

RM

Looks like a great start to a new season. It's awesome with your climate that your "overwinters" are still leafy and churning out the pods. Gotta love ripe pods in January.

Your new list is great. Great representatives of a couple of different species and a wide variety of heat without compromising flavor. And with two to three plants of each variety, that should keep you in harvests larger than a handful most of the season. Looking forward to following this one over the season. Good luck! I see many bottles of hot sauce in your future.

Back