• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

ROCKKKKK!

From tonight

imgchukkkzm0.jpg

ross said:
hows the les paul treating you

Love'n it so far. It still doesn't play as easy as my SG; I'm still getting used to it. But tone, Tone, TONE is what that LP is all about and it rules the school there.

I don't know if I've mentioned it yet, but we have a drummer now! Thursday was out first show with him. Man, it makes all the difference in the world. I feel like we're a "real band" now and not an "electronic project".

The show Thursday was a short set, I'll know more after tomorrow night's show.

Here's another from Thursday @ ROOM 710:

cdrock2tz4.jpg

Chuk...many many moons and thousands of years ago I got a Les Paul to pick up chicks. You got the LP and the chicks playin' in your band. I would say that is a big "mission accomplished!"
That a Lone Star longneck on the bass cab? I'm thirsty now. Good on you for the LP and glad you're lovin' it loooong time.

its not designed to play as easy as your SG :) the sound is so much better on a les paul vs sg though. im not an SG fan at all :(

Ross I wouldn't necessarily say the LP sound is better than an SG but rather just different. To my ears an SG has a little more midrangey sound and the LP a little more "chunk" over the whole tone spectrum. But what do I know? I'm a V lover too!

texas blues said:
Ross I wouldn't necessarily say the LP sound is better than an SG but rather just different. To my ears an SG has a little more midrangey sound and the LP a little more "chunk" over the whole tone spectrum.

true!

xgrafcorex said:
no dress? :mouthonfire: looks like a blast man. good news about your drummer too...they are pretty tough to find sometimes.

Hmmm. I have found them easy, what's hard is getting them to show up at practice, remember the songs, do anything resembling work! No offense to any drummers out there, but that has been my experience.

Back