• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Rockwool to dirt?

Is this a common practice? I have a fatali and a brown 7 pot THRIVING in two rockwool cubes. They have gotta go somewhere soon but I don't know If I really want to put together two more motherflippin DWC coffee cans, run another pump, mix up more nutrients each week, check the PH on two more plants, obsess over two more rapidly growing monsters, and......well, you get the point. They are so darn cute...I just hate to stick them in the ground where they will get all dirty and gross.... People, I have a conundrum... lol :snooty:

Is this a common practice? I have a fatali and a brown 7 pot THRIVING in two rockwool cubes. They have gotta go somewhere soon but I don't know If I really want to put together two more motherflippin DWC coffee cans, run another pump, mix up more nutrients each week, check the PH on two more plants, obsess over two more rapidly growing monsters, and......well, you get the point. They are so darn cute...I just hate to stick them in the ground where they will get all dirty and gross.... People, I have a conundrum... lol :snooty:
OMG... I'm hav'in similar issues... I'm actually calling friends I havent spoke to in months. "Uh, hey whats up. You wanna grow the worlds hottest peppers"? CLICK!... "Hello"? :crazy:

OMG... I'm hav'in similar issues... I'm actually calling friends I havent spoke to in months. "Uh, hey whats up. You wanna grow the worlds hottest peppers"? CLICK!... "Hello"? :crazy:

I know i dont want to give them away, I just dont want to subject them to the nasties in the dirt. But at the same time I dont want to manage another hydro bucket. Just looking for a personal opinion from people I guess...

Find a friend thats about to have a birthday and offer them. My friends all have my "leftover" plants.
I don't know if they like them or not but the plants are alive and well.
This way I have a backup plant if a catastrophe happens :)

I'm I an awful person? Hope not...I offer my plants with great love.

Bleash

Ship them to me and i'll give them a good home. As a return favor I'll send you back NEW rockwool cubes. I picked up about 50 of those things a few years ago and they are all still in the package.

I do rockwool to dirt all the time. Pretty much fool-resistant.

Make sure some dirt is over the top of the rockwool as their capillarity is high and they will wick liquids away if not covered.

Ok, good info guys, ona nother note, these two plants sprung up on the same day and the fatali is BY FAR leeding the way. The 7 pot is on its second set of leaves still smaller than the coty leaves and the fatali is on its 3rd set of leaves! UNREAL! Guess the super hots really do start slower than the others!

Here's what I mean about different growth rates, again these sprouted on the same day and have been next to each other ever since:
73247500.jpg

0d0ca91a.jpg

Back