Rogue Dead Guy Ale

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
If you don't like this beer, you suck!

Seriously.

Carry on.

(drinkie, drinkie)

Meh, it's alright. They have growlers of it for about $12 at the store right by me...I'm always tempted but end up getting 2 bomber of Stone for the same price instead and am always please with that descision.

I saw that video on Cleveland. If it's not a $.99 40 you don't like it. So I understand.

I thought proving my point would have been a little harder :rofl:

I have to say that all the beers mentioned in this thread sound fine to me. I would take Stone over Rogue, but Dead Guy is a good beer.

Dead guy is ..OK..

I like their Mocha Porter more.

Other Rouge gems are their American Ale and Shakespere Stout. I also like Santa's Reserve. Their Chipotle Ale is actually decent. Their double imperial IPA is great but over-priced due to the ceramic bottle it comes in.

DUDE!!! I am sipping a dead guy right now.... (that doesn't sound right at all...;))

It is wonderful! And I will cross swords with any man who says it is OK.

On Garde Chuck!

Some crystal malt, 80 or so, a tiny bit of roasted malt, a tad of pilsen...matybe a touch of crystal 120L.. I need to find a clone recipe!

Stone IPA is pretty good, Ruination is pretty good, but I can get 2 sixers of dead guy for one sixer of ruination....NO BRAINER!!!!

Stone is good, but Rougue Rules.

I even have a Dead Guy Glass. YOU WISH YOU WERE ME!!!!!!!

;)

imaguitargod said:
Meh, it's alright. They have growlers of it for about $12 at the store right by me...I'm always tempted but end up getting 2 bomber of Stone for the same price instead and am always please with that descision.

Gotta agree with that. I'd take two Arrogant Bastards or IPA's any day over a growler of Dead Guy. I'm just not a huge fan of it. Double Dead Guy is much better.

Another vote for Double Dead Guy, except it too damn expensive.

Tried my first Triple a few weeks ago, that was tasty.

Not had the Dead guy but have enjoyed the chipotle ale....will have to look for the Dead guy.....We are limited in the places that sell anything descent over here.

Tony05 has a chipotle home brew that tastes exactly like the Rogue Chipotle ale....A whole keg of it...

I was in Gulf Shores AL last week, I walked in for some red stripe.

In this reasonably nice tourist booze shop, they had 1 lone beat up sixer of dead guy in the cooler....

I thanked them for carrying it, and was glad to pay the outrageous $12.50 for it.;)

Back