• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

I found it!!! Hahahaha...I figured sumptin was up when you hadn't updated the other glog in a bit! Funny tamale story. My dad was a Secret Service Agent back in the 70's and while on White House Detail President Ford was hosting a dinner with the Mexican President. Tamales were served, but he didn't know he was supposed to unwrap them. He ate them husks and all...the funny part is everyone was afraid to correct him, so they all just followed suit and ate the husks as well. Must have been terrible!

Chewy for sure...

Yeah, and show us your grow lights too!

+1 on that... C'mon, break out buzz!

Ladies and gentlefarts. I realize I have been slacking. I will step it up this weekened :dance: . Gonna start a bunch of new stuff. I have powered up my Mr. golden sun and the temps appear to be favorable for some good old fashion outdoor germination. Pics and or vid to follow. Now I just need to figure out how to get more hours in the day ;) I guess I better get with Shane on that . :rofl:

All right, Jamie, that's the spirit!

Shane is the perfect guy for the job!
Good luck this weekend, bro.

Outside germination this time of year?? Lucky you Jamie! It was 31 outside when I left for work this morning, frost on my car too! Dangit I thought I lived in sunny SoCal! :rofl: Luckily it didn't look like any plants in the ground died overnight, baccatums and pubes are loving the weather! Me not so much! Good luck in 2013 buddy, can't wait to see some more vids of the grow! :D

Pics coming soo Trip!! Mark my word :dance:

Mel Mel, I think you Californicaters ;) are sucking up all the cold weather this year. Been like 80 degrees this week. Time to hit the beach. Wait ,Jaws is now lurking just off shore. I think I will stay in the garden. :rofl:

Stefan, I am pming Shane now to find out how his days are like 36 hours long. Must be a California thing :shh:

Brother Bill, only grow light I have and ever will have is Mr Sun , Mr. Golden Sun to you Barney :fireball:

Trippa. That is a understatement. The humidity gets so thick here in the summer you can walk outside for about two minutes and be saturated in sweat . Might be the humidity capitol of the world :rolleyes:

The days are easy Romy! Hit the hay at midnight and get up at 03:30...gives you 20.5 hours to get-er-done!!! I have spent so many summers down in FL...terrible. Just as bad on the TX gulf shores...and Louisiana...Whole damn gulf coast! The Atlantic side of FL doesn't seem as bad to me. Jax, Lauderdale and West Palm's summer heat/humidity was tolerable, but still pretty damn :hot: !!!

Well fire up Mr Golden and get this show on the road!!!

Hey, Jamie! Just so you don't pine for the PNW weather,
it was 23 this morning. 45 in the greenhouse, so those
guys are okay. It probably spelled doom for the Chiltepin
that was hanging on in the back yard :rofl: Only ripened
a few pods this season.

So, buddy, hope you have a great weekend in the garden,
getting those seeds in the ground. The temps should certainly
be warm enough to germinate those babies if you don't get a
downpour and they rot in the ground like happens here.
Don't blame you for not tempting Jaws even if it is beach
weather.

Trippa. That is a understatement. The humidity gets so thick here in the summer you can walk outside for about two minutes and be saturated in sweat . Might be the humidity capitol of the world :rolleyes:

Sounds just like it is here in Summer and actually right now is the worst it has been around 75-85% humidity 24hrs a day and been mid 20s to 33-34 degrees C ... just gross.. not a fan of that ...

Back