• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

It has it's high's and lows Greg. When they are lush and budding I am high. When they are yeller,infested, or full of fungus I am low :rolleyes:

Ramon, Greg would make us all look like fools. I don't think he would leave his windy city anyway ;)

Stefan , us rednecks love are BBQ. Get your butt out of that arctic tundra and join us :rofl: Plus I want some of your amazing chicken wings you are always showing :fireball:

Momma mia pappa Pia. Those barrackpores are a little on the small size but still packing plenty of heat :mouthonfire:

Mmm :think: must be a redneck also then since I love BBQ also! Had some steaks on it last week and yes it's freezing/snowy over here :lol: I'm not gonna let that get in the way :rofl: but seriously Jamie that is one gnarly looking Brain! Love it.

It must feel like a constant "High" to be able to grow peppers year round. My season ends in October, it's kind of a deflating feeling then. But I'm buzzing now (or maybe its just the light ballasts) that my seeds are sprouting . Looking at your food , plants and that last shot of the gnarley Brain St is getting me all hyped....brotha. Makes me want to go home and raise the lights up a notch, cause I know dem plants are on da move.

What does that saucy "T" on the steak stand for ?.......terrific?........probably..... :cool:

It is a bit of a downer to have to close down the garden in October, but it sure is nice to just take a break for two months. Then its right back to waiting on hooks.

That brain strain looks awesome BTW. Hope my first go at em is as good.

Romy, we should trade some powders this year. I love trying things that I don't grow or have on hand. Look forward to watching your grow season, good luck!

Looking good up there Jamie, I believe I have 3 or 4 groups growing I got from you through pic o pepper last year, The yellow 7s for sure, they are kickin(huge pods) ass, and Brain Strains, Barracks, are looking strong in the ground, I thought 1 other was from yah but the sharpie tags have bleached out in the FL sun.
IMG_0101.jpg

The Yellow 7 Pots get HUGE!!!!

IMG_0101.jpg

Oh man Jamie. Its almost midnight and you just had me contemplating whether I should run to the store and get a steak or not. You bastard! But seriously it looks really good!

Mmm :think: must be a redneck also then since I love BBQ also! Had some steaks on it last week and yes it's freezing/snowy over here :lol: I'm not gonna let that get in the way :rofl: but seriously Jamie that is one gnarly looking Brain! Love it.

Stefan my man, nice to hear from you. Nice to see there are rednecks all over the chili land. When do you plan on sowing some seeds ?

It is a bit of a downer to have to close down the garden in October, but it sure is nice to just take a break for two months. Then its right back to waiting on hooks.

That brain strain looks awesome BTW. Hope my first go at em is as good.

Thanks Bodeen. A couple months off sound kinda nice. But watching all your pepppers die a cruel/icy death does not ;) Good luck on the brains. They are a fairly strong plant so you should not have any problems.

Romy, we should trade some powders this year. I love trying things that I don't grow or have on hand. Look forward to watching your grow season, good luck!

Thanks Joyners. I will def hook up with ya when I make some more powders. Been slacking. Freezer is way too full:)

Looking good up there Jamie, I believe I have 3 or 4 groups growing I got from you through pic o pepper last year, The yellow 7s for sure, they are kickin(huge pods) ass, and Brain Strains, Barracks, are looking strong in the ground, I thought 1 other was from yah but the sharpie tags have bleached out in the FL sun.
IMG_0101.jpg

The Yellow 7 Pots get HUGE!!!!

IMG_0101.jpg

NIce action Rod. Looks like the perfect weather we have been having is really showing in your garden. Really nice to see my seeds go to someone who can appreciate them like yourself. Thanks for sharing and feel free to keep posting pics . :dance:
Oh man Jamie. Its almost midnight and you just had me contemplating whether I should run to the store and get a steak or not. You bastard! But seriously it looks really good!

J man!!! Never to early or late for a fat T Bone steak :party: Thank you sir .

Tripp. You will not tell the difference from frozen or fresh pods made into powder IMHO. They also say ( whomever they are) that it also opens up the cells walls and makes them dry faster.

Thanks Ramon. I will send you a few pods when I get some more:)

Tripp. You will not tell the difference from frozen or fresh pods made into powder IMHO. They also say ( whomever they are) that it also opens up the cells walls and makes them dry faster.

Thanks Ramon. I will send you a few pods when I get some more:)

Might give it a burl ... thanks man!!

Britt, nice to see you back on my grow . Must mean you will be starting some babies soon. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve and glad I can keep your pepper on thru the winter :fireball:

Brother Brian, It may seem like I am not listening but it is only a front :rofl:

So it was a perfect weekend here in Romy6 land. Took the boys to the rolex 24 at daytona International raceway. Drank 24 beers in the process ;) And had an exclellent meal with my first home grown 7 pod jonah . I must say one of the best tasting 7 pots I have grown. Very hot, clean and flavorful. It was a winter pod so it did not kick my ass too bad. That and I split it with the wife so it was a perfect meal.

Jonah 7. Only pod on the plant. Started the plant in September. It is only a foot tall but starting to produce more peppers as we speak:)

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4365.jpg

And the food shots :party:

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

Not the best pic but while JJ and I were taking Tebow for a walk we discovered a small 4 foot gator taking a sunbath. This was in a man made lake just a few blocks from the house. JJ wanted to call the gatorboys immediatly and have it removed :rofl: . Now he doesn't think it is a good idea to walk around the lake :shh:

photo-822.jpg

And a quick glance of the rolex 24 race. Again awful video but sound is what I was trying to get. Iphone 3 is awful :rolleyes:

Love the food picks Jamie! got just a few more months around here before its grillin season ;). And thats a lovely set of boots sittin out on that log!

Jamie, you bastage caught me with the steak shot and here I am trapped at work! Man that's a good looking pod. I was at a hispanic market here a couple of days ago and found some frozen Rocotos and Aji Amarillos, been thinking about picking up a couple pounds and running them through the new dehydrator, maybe giving them a little smoke before hand. Now that I've seen what you said about drying frozen pods I may have to make a stop on the way home.

Have a great week,
Bill

I agree with JJ no more walking around the lake.

The 7 Pot Jonah looks kind of thick skinned to be true. They are a very thin skinned pod. You have any other photos?

Nice glog. Best of luck to you.

Sounds like a fun packed weekend with da race, great food and seeing an alligator. Luckily I ate dinner before reading your update or you would have sent me on a quest for foooood. :D Everything looks great! I bet that salsa would go great on grilled gator, I love the meat, IMO it’s similar to great fish! BTW what is in that salsa, I’m guessing onions, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, carrots, olive oil and that beautiful 7 Pot Jonah, am I close? Hard to identify the seasoning though …

BTW 4 footers are more tender than the larger ones … all you need is a rod, snag hook and short rope ftw, oh and a little luck that no one sees you poaching, hehe.

Ok so I lied, if you catch it you'll also need:
  1. Bleach
  2. Dish Soap
  3. Scrub brush
  4. Spoon or scraper to flesh the hide
  5. Skinning knife, or knives you are most comfortable using to remove hides and meat from game and fish. A sharp, strong knife is imperative to safely produce a quality hide. Read more here
Keep up da great updates :)

Love the food picks Jamie! got just a few more months around here before its grillin season ;). And thats a lovely set of boots sittin out on that log!

Alligator boots for all Britt. As soon as I am done with them I will ship them to ya ;)

Jamie, you bastage caught me with the steak shot and here I am trapped at work! Man that's a good looking pod. I was at a hispanic market here a couple of days ago and found some frozen Rocotos and Aji Amarillos, been thinking about picking up a couple pounds and running them through the new dehydrator, maybe giving them a little smoke before hand. Now that I've seen what you said about drying frozen pods I may have to make a stop on the way home.

Have a great week,
Bill

Brother Bill. Nice to hear from you. Smoked rocotto and aji powder . Now that is something I would love to try :drooling: Let me know when you are sending out a sample pack my way ;) You have a great week too!

Lookin good, I will be in your neck of the woods finishing up that job this weekend, try and stop by...

Conrad my man. Give me a shout . We will knock down some cold cervezas :dance:

I agree with JJ no more walking around the lake.

The 7 Pot Jonah looks kind of thick skinned to be true. They are a very thin skinned pod. You have any other photos?

Nice glog. Best of luck to you.

Patrick, I just got a new camera so I will try to shoot a few pics of the new pods forming.Here is a shot of the Jonah about a month ago. Took forever to ripen. And I agree no more walks around the lake :liar:

photo-1754.jpg

Sounds like a fun packed weekend with da race, great food and seeing an alligator. Luckily I ate dinner before reading your update or you would have sent me on a quest for foooood. :D Everything looks great! I bet that salsa would go great on grilled gator, I love the meat, IMO it’s similar to great fish! BTW what is in that salsa, I’m guessing onions, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, carrots, olive oil and that beautiful 7 Pot Jonah, am I close? Hard to identify the seasoning though …

BTW 4 footers are more tender than the larger ones … all you need is a rod, snag hook and short rope ftw, oh and a little luck that no one sees you poaching, hehe.

Ok so I lied, if you catch it you'll also need:
  1. Bleach
  2. Dish Soap
  3. Scrub brush
  4. Spoon or scraper to flesh the hide
  5. Skinning knife, or knives you are most comfortable using to remove hides and meat from game and fish. A sharp, strong knife is imperative to safely produce a quality hide. Read more here
Keep up da great updates :)

Ramon mi amigo, what be happening? I have had gator many times and it is a good tasting meat when it is fried to perfection. But there are a hundred houses around this lake full of retired folks who woul bust my ass in an instant. But thanks for giving me evil ideas :fireball:

The salsa consisted of carrots, onions, lots of minced garlic, parsley, lemon pepper salt, and Italian seasoning. Oh and the Jonah .

Back