• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Yeah buddy! Keep it up and they're gonna move our glogs to the cooking with fire section! Those Sepia's look freak-nasty!

Shane, I don't think we have to worry about that. They don't want us to show them how to really cook with fire :fire:

Jamie's the man eh! Good on you Jamie. Them pods look nice. Pia should be on fire both ways :onfire: !

Oh Pia hasn't head a fresh Florida super in quite some time. She will be glowing for a while brother J

Be careful you don't accidently chug back the hot sauce instead of the beer, that could be nasty :)

Stefan, I could chug Bill's sauces all day . They are suplicious :clap:

Oh, Jamie, you do it so good!

Why thank you Paul G money :lol:

Hint received

Gotta get some going. Might have to do a batch or 2 of my non-fermented sauces going. Mayhaps the Captain will be by for a visit this weekend, Arrrr!

Wild Bill! That would be a very nice thing og you to do :hotsauce:

Looks tasty!!! The Spongebob mac-n-cheese is a nice touch too.

Bonnie if it ain't spongebob my kids won't eat it :shame:

Oh my my my. Umm mmmm. Yumm yummy

Pia. So gald to see the pods arrived in good shape. They should warm you up for a bit. The pod you had was a yellow cardi scorp. Childs play compared to that barrackpore and brain you have yet to dabble in :twisted: Now that big red pod is one you are germinating as we speak. The NOT DOUGLAH :)

JAMIE!! Brother, it looks like you are off to the races (or never left depending on how you look at it!) I am definitely jealous of the year-round grow, but eventually I will end up back down there in Florida pumping out year long grows! SS does have a ton of great varieties, I have a few of his crosses on my counter waiting just one more year... :banghead: I had the wife pick all my plants clean and my dad trimmed them back before the winter came, and I am keepin my fingers crossed for a few to survive. It has been a pretty mild winter where I live, so maybe some make it through. Either way, while everyone is planning their 2013 grow, I am starting to plan my 2014 :) Gotta keep my motivation up in a land of rocks and sand...

Well this is definitley one to follow, so Ill be poppin in when I get a few! Keep it up man.

Oh, wednesday was mexican food at the chow hall. The applewood smoked supers went perfect with it. Everyone at the table was blowing their nose and sweating!

Take it easy man.

Ramon my man. Back at ya bro!!

Pia, glad I am keeping you warm in that nasty weather you are having:)

Brother Matt. It has been a while . Nice to see you have a little time to hop on The Pepper. We are all ready for you to get your butt back home :party: Before you know it you too will be growing and doing your amazing reviews . This place just ain't the same without ya. Glad you and your troops are enjoying the powders. Keep me posted and I will send more soon :onfire:

Managed to take a few pics and harvest some peppers yeserday.

7 pot brown loaded with flowers. Not if half take i will be stoked

IMG_4316.jpg

Dorsett Naga all woody and still pumping em out. He is about 2 years old now

IMG_4320.jpg

My best yellow scorp plant. Had to seperate him due to a nasty case of the aphids :confused:

IMG_4319.jpg

Douglah hybrid full of pods

IMG_4315.jpg

Bhut hybrids

IMG_4324.jpg

Primo pods getting bigger

IMG_4322.jpg

Yellow scorps

IMG_4318.jpg

Harvest shots

IMG_4333.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

Purdy flowers

IMG_4327.jpg

Damn aphids. So jealous of you guys down there. Its like -5 here right now man. Big difference! Plants look healthy. That Bonide works really well for me.

Yeah....don't complain. I wish I could complain about aphids in January and I live in Socal. So you got it good bro. Always love your winter harvests. Plants look stellar!

The plants look great, and I don't see any big aphid damage so I'm sure its all good.

The yellow scorpions are making my mouth water dude! That is a fine looking January harvest.

I do envy you for living in Florida,not your plants for having to deal with the temps,rain,bugs though. That Bhut hybrid looks like a red pickle! Hope all is well with you and the family.

Hi Jamie
Plants and money shot looking great as usual... :party: I got hooks from your Jamaican Hot Chocolate today... saved the seeds from all of the pods you sent me last year, and this is the end result. Thanks Guy!

Plants and pods in tip top shape there, buddy!
Nice selection of varieties in your harvest
shot. Good luck going into Spring next week!

Thanks J man. Bonide does work well :)

Jeff, they are just as hot as they look :fire:

Thanks Shane. I am a very blessed chilidude :D

Pia, those little red ones are my mystery annuums. They are nice snacking peppers.

Brother John. I do not envy you guys and your cold as weather . Thanks man :clap:

Charles, I have know idea what they crossed with but they are really hot and super tasty. No earthy taste or bitterness. All around great pepper.

Rick, that is great news about the seeds but I only sent you regular choc hab seeds just for the record. I think I sent you seeds from Prodigal_son of the jamaican hot maybe?

Bill, thank you kind sir. Lately all I have been giving them is an occasional sprinklings 10 10 10 granular some fish emulsion seaweed watering . Time to feed them and bonide em turds :flamethrower:

So this weekend was gluttony weekend at the Romy6 Casa

Saturday night we found saome fatt T bone steaks at WD that were half price. The meat was so tender it melted in you mouth and you could cut it with a butter knife. Took the fattest douglah hybrid and make a spicy topping for the wife and I. It was :hot:

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4346.jpg

And last night it was Ribs . They fell off the bone. :party: And of course JJ had to have his mac and cheese:)

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4356.jpg

Thanks Doc! Life is good in the neighborhood.

Back