• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Stefan my man, nice to hear from you. Nice to see there are rednecks all over the chili land. When do you plan on sowing some seeds ?

Hey Jamie, that's not in sight for the next following weeks. Think it will be the end of February due to circumstances, just don't have the space and time that it requires when I starting sowing.

Charles not yet . So far here is what has germinated. Jal hercules, sepia serpeant, biler billy jal's, yellow jonah. yellow chiguanas, white 7 pod, naga X brain, and yellow naga.

Pics of the little guys

IMG_4407_zps1648e6e8.jpg

sepia serpeant

IMG_4409_zps9f1057c5.jpg

white 7

IMG_4410_zps98e82f14.jpg

jal hercules both seeds have sprouted wings

IMG_4408_zps96d8c5cc.jpg

My first 7 pod brown pod

DSC06935_zps256ec1ff.jpg

Jonah pod I promised Patrick with new camera. I like my old camera more:)

DSC06932_zps60bb91ef.jpg

And decided to smoke some pods today. I thaw the pods, slice them up. Smoked with applewood at 200 degrees for two hours then will dry at 95 degrees in the dehydrator for a couple days. I will post finished product in a few days

IMG_4406_zps456f41c9.jpg

IMG_4411_zps4970400c.jpg

IMG_4412_zps1931236d.jpg

Smells so good

IMG_4414_zpse94d8c18.jpg

Enjoy the super bowl. I know I will!

So, "Gatah Bait," it is, Jamie. Swamp People had a casting call last summer in Beaumont, TX. I hear they comin' to East FL canals this summer for "Disney Ep." Calling on locals: I can counsel ya through stage fright or set fright. And Pia wants more "must see tv." Used to be a dive in Grove City, right before going into Punta Gorda, had the best grilled gator. To think: that t-bone coulda been ya gator haul. Then, we couldn't call ya Gatah Bait no mo :D .

P.S. Ya pods and babies look sweet, "GB."

I need to buy a freezer, this year my freezer received no pods and 3 deer instead. MUST GET FREEZER! I hate not having pods to eat and smoke mid winter...looking good!

You get me some that deer meat, I get you some frozen pods, Chris. 2 gallon bags full. yeller Brains, yeller 7 Pods, naga morich, bhut yellow, choc habs, H. St. Barts, carib reds. . . started out with 4/2 gallons . . . but I bet you've eaten that deer. Miss my uncle; we used to go every November. And turkey too. (Turkey's a time consuming mess compared to dressing a deer.) Jamie's grow and foodie site is looking good: but I'd like to see some deer roast :drooling: Annie.

Jamie my north FL pod growing, gator huntin, culinary master, oh and I forgot Sony DSC-W150 hating brethren everything looking better than par. Glad you didn't show me any mo foody, I'm starving looking at all dem pods ... I didn’t realize you were going to start so many new plants, that awesome!!! Love the look of the new starts, super nice!!! Boy I’m looking forward to the follow up pics of the smoking & dehydrating of all dem pods, looks great :)

*hmm, wonder how great dat gator would taste lying in the middle of all dem pods being smoked ;)

Looks amazing as usual Jamie!!! Enjoy the football!

Thanks Conor, Glad to see you shoveled your way to the keyboard. How is that baby boy doing?

So, "Gatah Bait," it is, Jamie. Swamp People had a casting call last summer in Beaumont, TX. I hear they comin' to East FL canals this summer for "Disney Ep." Calling on locals: I can counsel ya through stage fright or set fright. And Pia wants more "must see tv." Used to be a dive in Grove City, right before going into Punta Gorda, had the best grilled gator. To think: that t-bone coulda been ya gator haul. Then, we couldn't call ya Gatah Bait no mo :D .

P.S. Ya pods and babies look sweet, "GB."

Thanks Annie. But just for the record I am a Gator. Not Gatorbait :rofl:

No gators here,just coyotes and stuff that won't kill you. Sounds like a good way to deal with a bad child. Roll the ball down to the edge of a canal... "Go get it Johnny".

Too funny John. JJ won't go near the lake now. That boy is something. Me and Tebow ain't scared !!!!

Save me some, how were the choco Fatalis?

The choc Fatali's were much better this year Conrad. Tasted very much like a choc hab just not quite as much heat but very tasty. I will save ya some powder sir.

I need to buy a freezer, this year my freezer received no pods and 3 deer instead. MUST GET FREEZER! I hate not having pods to eat and smoke mid winter...looking good!

Having a freezer full of venison is not a bad thing :dance:

Jamie my north FL pod growing, gator huntin, culinary master, oh and I forgot Sony DSC-W150 hating brethren everything looking better than par. Glad you didn't show me any mo foody, I'm starving looking at all dem pods ... I didn’t realize you were going to start so many new plants, that awesome!!! Love the look of the new starts, super nice!!! Boy I’m looking forward to the follow up pics of the smoking & dehydrating of all dem pods, looks great :)

*hmm, wonder how great dat gator would taste lying in the middle of all dem pods being smoked ;)

Ramon me mon!!! Yaeh the cannon blows out the sony 150. But it was free so I like it. Got afew pics for ya to make ya hungry mon!!! Peppers smoked, some fresh choc fatalli's, cayyene, and of course meat!!!!
smoked peppers

IMG_4415_zpscb6f281d.jpg

IMG_4416_zpsa1a13591.jpg

Super bowl meal

IMG_4418_zpsf2d4084f.jpg

yummmmy

IMG_4419_zps0e47806c.jpg

Money shot. I was too drunk and into the game to take a plated pic :shh:

IMG_4421_zps2a7d1574.jpg

And JJ and Tebow were full after that meal :party:

DSC06938_zpsa99bd21b.jpg

Yummmm Ramon made me hungry talking about gator laying on smoked pods in the smoker. Omg. Torture. Love the new babies. Can't wait to watch you turn them into pepper trees

Back