• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Mmmmm...wings, legs, ribs and PODS! No power outage at Jamie's house! How'd that powder turn out? I got some SBs in the nesco waiting on me to get home and grind them...

I had a feeling after my last post that you'd come back and post some foodie, but I came prepaired ... first I ate lunch look here at bottom of post for fish quesadilla and second ... dam you "wings, legs, ribs and pods," I'm hungry all over again. Super stuff you gots going there mon, lovin it all!!!

I keep it all connected, so you just have to check out the last page from last year, but here you go brother.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37278-justaguys-2013-garden-season

Charles not yet . So far here is what has germinated. Jal hercules, sepia serpeant, biler billy jal's, yellow jonah. yellow chiguanas, white 7 pod, naga X brain, and yellow naga.

I can only find 3 people on here growing the Florida Wild this season, I decided to grow it again this year at the last minute... have you tried them before?

I had a feeling after my last post that you'd come back and post some foodie, but I came prepaired ... first I ate lunch look here at bottom of post for fish quesadilla and second ... dam you "wings, legs, ribs and pods," I'm hungry all over again. Super stuff you gots going there mon, lovin it all!!!

Ramoooooooon!!! Gotta get your food on. It had been several days since i posted some edibles. Your fish taco look'd amzing. Put my meal to shame for sho!

I keep it all connected, so you just have to check out the last page from last year, but here you go brother.
http://thehotpepper....3-garden-season

Thanks Brian for the linky dinky. Not sure how I missed that bitch!!!!

I can only find 3 people on here growing the Florida Wild this season, I decided to grow it again this year at the last minute... have you tried them before?

Charles, this will be my second attempt at the florida wild. Seems to be a tough guy to germinate. I have tried them dried but never fresh. Hince why I am attempting to grow them again. Conor(saugapepper) and Kevin(wayright) said they are tasty. I will keep you posted .

Broccoli salad like mama used to make!

Is that carolina bbq on dem wings?!

Steve, thanks for checking in the bonnet of all masters:) Love me some spicy brocc with meat. The sauce is actaully redtailforresters grounds for divorce hot garlic sauce. Made the wings so tasty!!!!

So I promised the finish product on the chili powder. Here she be.

IMG_4423_zpse9778157.jpg

IMG_4426_zpscdc4c0d8.jpg

IMG_4429_zps37ebc48f.jpg

Nice color on that powder Jamie! I just had some "Romy Special Blend" on some soup this past weekend. A year old and that stuff still sets me in FIRE! :fireball:

Good luck on your Florida Wilds...keep me posted I think you sent me the seeds I have, but they didn't make the list...(yet) :shh:
Thanks for the VOTE of confidence on my glog and the Throwdown broham! You da Poo!

Throw down?? Lemme go see. Oh and Jamie that powder looks scrumptious. I'm glad to hear that you powders are great a year after making but mine won't last that long. Aahahaaaa. Good looking stuff

Very nice looking powder!

The BBQ pic is just unfair. Even though I'm completely stuffed right now, and its late at night, I want to go and try to duplicate it. This is definitely the place to come for some serious inspiration :)

Nice color on that powder Jamie! I just had some "Romy Special Blend" on some soup this past weekend. A year old and that stuff still sets me in FIRE! :fireball:

Good luck on your Florida Wilds...keep me posted I think you sent me the seeds I have, but they didn't make the list...(yet) :shh:
Thanks for the VOTE of confidence on my glog and the Throwdown broham! You da Poo!

Congrats on the throwdown crown. Now you are officially a THP guru. My redneck cooking would never stand a chance on those contests. No sprouts yet on the Florida wilds. Will post when they do!!!

Throw down?? Lemme go see. Oh and Jamie that powder looks scrumptious. I'm glad to hear that you powders are great a year after making but mine won't last that long. Aahahaaaa. Good looking stuff
Thanks Pia. It is some tasty stuff. Amazing how it can numb your face from just being near it. Always got more for ya girl. Just holla!

Very nice looking powder!

The BBQ pic is just unfair. Even though I'm completely stuffed right now, and its late at night, I want to go and try to duplicate it. This is definitely the place to come for some serious inspiration :)

Thank you Stefan. I new the wings would get your attention brother :party:

Dat powder looks awesome!!!

Thanks Ramon . Would make a tasty rub on some of that fish of yours :fireball:

Nice looking powder brother J... Hope you have enough pods squirreled away to keep you supplied until the new crop rolls in.

Ricky Ticky, always fresh pods at the romy6 houshold. Been years since I couldn't walk out the door and get a few pods. :party:

That powda be killa lookin......I can see "Shake and Bake" gulf shrimp in that bag...and a 6 pack of ice cold beer...

Greggy pooh! That does sound divine!!!!! Thank you fine sir!!! :onfire:

Thanks man...I enjoyed the contest. There are some really nice folks on the foodie side...but I still never feel quite welcome over there??? I may continue to enter, or may not. That grocery bill set me back close to $300...so not sure I can afford it!

Back