• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Ya gotta love the Jals and Serranos... they're real workhorses!
Nothing like a home grown Jal IMHO Ricky Ticky!!! You know it baby!!!!!!!!

I know Jamie, I haven't even started yet just to damn busy these days not sure if I got the time to take care of the plants also :(

I feel ya Stefan. Family and work first unfortunatley:(

lookin goot, glad ya beat the chill...

Not hard to beat the chill down hear Conrad. Still got that powder saved for ya. When you coming over?

Jamie, that’s a great nick name!“Wasabi Mon,” who make us di sauce ^_^

Never apologize for great foodie you post …

Thanks, Great pod Jamie!

I hear ya Ramon. I take the apology back then ;)

A little chilly yesterday so we had to make a batch of soup, of course topped off with your powder! (and a few beers)
Thanks man!!

Wow Rob that looks like my kinda soup. I can feel the warmth from here :dance:

Jamie, that big Not Douglah of yours was delicious ... love the taste!!!
How them plants doing down there after your cold snap Jamie? Pics say 1000 words...just sayin! :rolleyes:
While I don't know how Jamie's plants are doing ... his pods kick some serious azzzz :) ... that said, we're getting another front this weekend and we'll be in the 40's in FL, yea I know it's nothing like our northern brethren get but this is the sunshine state ;)

Way over do for a update my botheren. Planning on doing a quick vid manana. Plants are not what I would like but that's what happens when you neglect them. They want all the attention and my family ain't having it. But I got plans to kick start dem basturds.

Ramon, anyone who doesn't like the taste of a nice ripe douglah ain't a true chilihead IMHO ;)

Sweet... guarantee they look a hell of a lot better than most of our in-grounds do this time of year! Only exceptions live in Australia! They don't have to be perdy in February, just alive. Excited about that Yellow Cardi. The few I started from your seeds are kickin-a and taking names. I'll have to post up a pic of them this weekend. Starting to bud up for me...they'll drop most of them for a couple months, but its exciting to think I may just get a few pods to stick soon. Those Birgits are slow starting here too... one tiny root tail on one seed for me. Not to worry they'll show up. I think us folks with longer growing seasons will do pretty well.

Thanks Ramon. Had mo better updates for shizzy. :party:

RM that ferment looks so tasty. Too bad we have to wait 90 days to taste it :confused:

Shane my brother. You will indeed love the Cardi. It is one strong ass strain that keeps producing time after time reguardless of what mother nature throws at it. Thank you kind sir for stopping bye :dance:

So after the vid I harvested some peppers. Not bad little haul considering the state of my chili's

DSC07098_zps435f85eb.jpg

DSC07104_zps0d2b6728.jpg

Funkiest looking aji lemon I have ever grown.

DSC07100_zps256045f5.jpg

Then I decided to cut up some not yellow brains and eat some steak

DSC07080_zps95f6ee95.jpg

JJ always helps out on the grill.

DSC07083_zps6820c9c2.jpg

These little guys were hot as hell. Why is it always the last bite that get's ya :P

DSC07095_zpsdbc54c6b.jpg

JJ cooked the steak to perfection

DSC07093_zpse924b899.jpg

Couple shots from the Daytona 500. We had some high dollar seats. Nice to know people. Would have cost 1400 dollars for 4 seats in the sprint tower we got for free :fireball:
DSC07075_zpsdefac2ac.jpg

DSC07046_zps29ebc963.jpg

And before we got Tebow JJ was terrified of dogs and cried when we got him . Now he loves that dog more than anything.

DSC06998_zpsd24f1e50.jpg

Jamie, nice harvest! That aji looks sooo weird eh? Reminds me of a sea creature or something. THings will come around. I should take a pic of what a plant looks like if left out up here. You'd laugh. Why don't you cut some of em back and re pot them in some new soil? Might help bud. Them Yellow scorps I'm guessing their your CARDI's look amazingly delicious bud! And I just noticed Tebow, what are you feeding that dog? HE is a BEAST!

Thanks J man. I need to get some time and money and get my plants back in shape. Money isn't as much an issue as time.
Tebow weighs about 60 pounds. He is a really good dog. We are blessed!!!!

So this came in the mail this week.

DSC07087_zpse4e6373b.jpg

Ordered from exreme gardening and will never order again. Terrible customer service. First they say order is delayed. So I try to cancel the order. I don't get a response for 5 days. I then get a order confirmation saying refunded via paypal. So I place an order with hydro organics. They ship out that day and I get it in 4 days. I then notice I have not recieved my refund from not so extreme gardening. I send them a 5th email stating I need my money back. They respond saying we are sorry but your order just shipped out yesterday. And that it is too late to cancel. I send them the email they sent me showing order being refunded and they never get back with me. So now I have some to send a friend but will never do business with them again. Okay rant over I am done venting.

Thank you come again

Whoa, nice harvest … I knew you were holding out on me ;) lol
Just had lunch so that broccoli, onions, peppers and steak don’t faze me, well ... excuse me for a few … I need to run off to the kitchen bathroom for a break, hehe … you got me! Even though I just had a nice steak & onion lunch with a few of your peppers you've managed to make me hungry again. Great food mon! Love the added Daytona, Papi & JJ and Tebow with JJ passed out on him pictures. Wow great stuff Jamie!!!

On another note regarding your rant, I agree 100%! If they don’t refund your money, let you keep the goods and bite the bullet they suck!!! Good to know how exreme gardening treats their customers when it’s obviously their error and you even have proof ….

Doesn't quite look like the adult form of the hornworm, unless it's an old one with tattered wings. In any case, you might want to check for eggs where it was sitting and keep an eye out for larva.

Back