• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Mild winter to say the least...90 on the last day of winter. At least I will e starting off with 3 ft plants this year, have a bunch of pods dryng now. Gonna be around this weekend? Thinkin of some blackened redfish, yak is ready to go.

Jamie I could see a little, "Your messing with me, right?" in Tebow there in those pics. I don't think he's really taking your fence seriously :)

Now, that Pickled Garlic and Hot Garlic Sauce, that has GOT to be some good stuff! I've been playing around with the idea of a Garlic based something and thinking about growing some garlic but now I may have to get serious about it.

About time for an update on the plant though, isn't it?

Cheers Bro

Mild winter to say the least...90 on the last day of winter. At least I will e starting off with 3 ft plants this year, have a bunch of pods dryng now. Gonna be around this weekend? Thinkin of some blackened redfish, yak is ready to go.

Conrad that sounds divine drop me a dime:)

already aphids here.....bugs are going to be a killer

Aphids never left here either Rodney. Gonna be a long hot ass summer.

Jamie I could see a little, "Your messing with me, right?" in Tebow there in those pics. I don't think he's really taking your fence seriously :)

Now, that Pickled Garlic and Hot Garlic Sauce, that has GOT to be some good stuff! I've been playing around with the idea of a Garlic based something and thinking about growing some garlic but now I may have to get serious about it.

About time for an update on the plant though, isn't it?

Cheers Bro

Brother Bill. Your skills and home grown garlic could make a tasty combination :party:

Been out of town for work so not much time to update but I did take a few pics this weekend I though I would share. Getting a bigger fence this weekend. Tebow ate my two year old dill plant a few days ago :confused: . He is worst than having a Billy Goast :rofl:

Had a small harvest .

photo_zpsfa3e2aa5.jpg

Then I took a few shots

IMG_4506_zps3ac2984d.jpg

Made dinner with some fresh 7 pod browns, John's(prodigal_son) amazing pickled garlic, veggies and yellow scorps

IMG_4505_zpsb8670cc5.jpg

Cooked it

IMG_4508_zps6170506c.jpg

Then ate it :P

photo_zpsbb6c10e6.jpg

And my 6 little Birgits for the grow challenge

photo_zps438749f0.jpg

Great harvest, mon you living in “Pepperland!” Killa steaks, grub and is that asparagus? Dem one of our favorite vegetables … Keep up these great updates Jamie! Oh how is the veggie garden with low white fencing coming along?
»» Foobar2k ::: Beatles - Yellow Submarine (Motion Pic Soundtrack) (1969) - 07 - Pepperland ::: 1:06/2:24 (•••••••••••) ::: 498 kbps ««

Thanks brother Bill. I was in Nashville but i missed my gators by one day . Got worked :)

Shane my man, always a pleasure to have you pop in. Gotta get over to your neck of the woods and see some real monsters!!! So in 5 years when Tebow is all grey haired he may calm down a bit ;)

Ramon my schnizzy :rofl: How is it hanging my southern bretheren? The little fence has some how kept him at bay but I know it won't last so plans are this weekend beteween soccer and basketball games is too build a Tebow proof garden :party:

Here is the monster showing off his good looks :P

tebow_zps41add78f.jpg

Thanks John and Steve. You guys are the shiat!!!! :fireball:

Did a video for those of you that are extremely bored and have noting else better to do ;) . Garden is slowly turning around. Two corrections one i called the one cross I am trying to start a viper x purple jal when it is a viper X purple bhut and I called my 7 pod brown a 7 pod chocolate. Go figure :rofl:

And a couple slab o ribs to make ya hungreeeeeeee ;)

photo_zps8737ed88.jpg

And what was that about "chicken"? Dang, some flat chix with odd bone structure . . . hmm. ;) And a Shakespearean Sunday, "A 7 Pod by another other name would taste as hot and deep." Plants looking good after treatment, Jamie! :dance: We ain't gonna have to worry 'bout too many bugs as having the coldest March on record :rolleyes: Might have to replant onions as they callin' for freakin snow flurries tonight but the worst part of this crap has been sheer cold. 25 below normal. smh. Trade ya mites for a snowball? :rofl: Cukes already? DAYum . . . I miss Austin weather sooooooooo much. :mope: Looking good sweetie!

Wow, that looks like a great cut of ribs. Still lots of meat on it! :drooling: Must say I'm jealous, there you are walking on barefoot while over here we had 5 inch of snow :lol: Nice vid, buddy! Plants and seedlings are looking good.

Jamie,
As usual you kicking some serious azz up there, keep up dat great work mon! I still working on dat romy6 powder, awesome stuff on many of my foodie even though I don’t post it all, thanks for the plentiful share! Your "video" sure depicts dem "girls" mighty fine, they do look more lush and green. Mon all dem yellow scorps lookin mighty fine, loved that taste used in a sofrito starter!
»» Foobar2k ::: Jonas Brothers - A Little Bit Longer (2008) - 08 - Video Girls ::: 0:59/2:54 (••••••••••) ::: 353 kbps «« … yea I know, jonas brothers o_O … it’s one of the kids rips as I’m their tune ripper, computer tech, photog, papi, cook & maid, ha.

Apologies I can’t comment on every plant but then my post would be longer than it already is, hehehe. I heard you mention ants coming back on one of the potted peppers, if you a fresh coffee drinker, try spreading some coffee grounds over the top soil. I found this to keep them away from my plants that were having that issue. Be sure to check under the pots too as there could be a gateway there to their under world. If so stuff some grounds there too, should do the trick. If you do please follow up with me as to the results, I’m still testing various uses for the grounds and like to hear from others as to their results.

I’ve find my pods smaller than normal this winter too, what changed mi Northern FL Brethren? I didn’t find this winter much colder than last and IIRC I had some big ones last year. That said, I do have a new round coming in now and some are certainly much larger than last but not all :/ Dam you on dem awesome looking ribs foodie this week, our kids saw them and now I’ll have to pony up from the chicken for next week ;)

In closing, love the look of that white picket fence again, now protecting your cucumbers. You gotta leave dat fence now, it's classic and heck your daughter did all dat hard work. As always great to see your stuff and have a great week!

And what was that about "chicken"? Dang, some flat chix with odd bone structure . . . hmm. And a Shakespearean Sunday, "A 7 Pod by another other name would taste as hot and deep." Plants looking good after treatment, Jamie! We ain't gonna have to worry 'bout too many bugs as having the coldest March on record Might have to replant onions as they callin' for freakin snow flurries tonight but the worst part of this crap has been sheer cold. 25 below normal. smh. Trade ya mites for a snowball? Cukes already? DAYum . . . I miss Austin weather sooooooooo much. :mope: Looking good sweetie!

Thanks Annie. That stinks about the onions. Crazy ass weather for sure. It is suppose to get down to 39 degrees here . Be safe girlfriend!!!!

Brother Jamie... Man, you know how to hurt a guy... tossing off "Had a small harvest" while up north we're all Jonesing for spring! Gimme a break! Seriously, great looking haul despite the early spring weather and the best efforts of "Tebow the Terrible". Good eats too. Hope you're having a great weekend with the family.

Ricky sticky my brotha!!!! How is life in the great white north? Sorry for the poddage shots but somebody has to do it:) Weekend was great ready for next weekend now. You have a great week.

Wow, that looks like a great cut of ribs. Still lots of meat on it! Must say I'm jealous, there you are walking on barefoot while over here we had 5 inch of snow Nice vid, buddy! Plants and seedlings are looking good.
Stefan. Thank you for stopping by my swamp . Those Biker Billy's you sent me are loving the climate. Can't wait to see some corking action. Also have a Jal hercules I failed to call out from you. Thank you again. And I will put on my flip flops this week :rofl: . It is supposed to be chilly ;)

All is looking good. Except the snow that is falling here right now. Hope this means a normal late spring and not a winter to summer switch over.

Jeff my man!!! Sorry to here about the white stuff. Hopefully it won't go straight to summer like you said. Give you northern chiliheads a few months to enjoy :party:

YUMMMMMMMMM. I love coming to this place.

Thank you Pia. I love having you here!!!!

Jamie,
As usual you kicking some serious azz up there, keep up dat great work mon! I still working on dat romy6 powder, awesome stuff on many of my foodie even though I don’t post it all, thanks for the plentiful share! Your "video" sure depicts dem "girls" mighty fine, they do look more lush and green. Mon all dem yellow scorps lookin mighty fine, loved that taste used in a sofrito starter!
»» Foobar2k ::: Jonas Brothers - A Little Bit Longer (2008) - 08 - Video Girls ::: 0:59/2:54 (••••••••••) ::: 353 kbps «« … yea I know, jonas brothers o_O … it’s one of the kids rips as I’m their tune ripper, computer tech, photog, papi, cook & maid, ha.

Apologies I can’t comment on every plant but then my post would be longer than it already is, hehehe. I heard you mention ants coming back on one of the potted peppers, if you a fresh coffee drinker, try spreading some coffee grounds over the top soil. I found this to keep them away from my plants that were having that issue. Be sure to check under the pots too as there could be a gateway there to their under world. If so stuff some grounds there too, should do the trick. If you do please follow up with me as to the results, I’m still testing various uses for the grounds and like to hear from others as to their results.

I’ve find my pods smaller than normal this winter too, what changed mi Northern FL Brethren? I didn’t find this winter much colder than last and IIRC I had some big ones last year. That said, I do have a new round coming in now and some are certainly much larger than last but not all :/ Dam you on dem awesome looking ribs foodie this week, our kids saw them and now I’ll have to pony up from the chicken for next week ;)

In closing, love the look of that white picket fence again, now protecting your cucumbers. You gotta leave dat fence now, it's classic and heck your daughter did all dat hard work. As always great to see your stuff and have a great week!

Ramon my friend. I will try the coffee thing again. I have a bunch left over from a year ago when I tried it. I know it won't get rid of the mites but ants , hope it will. I will keep you posted. As for the small pods I think it is the eratic weather that causes it more than staying cold or warm for a long duration. Major swings in temp can cause them to go into panic mode. The fence is purdy but Tebow has already begun chewing his way through. Last week he was walking around with an entire link in his mouth :rolleyes: Had relatives in town so didn't get a chance to build a bigger fence. :shh:

Back