• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

Dang, SweetJamie!

Went back and read through the novel, here. I have a response besides, "EFFIN' WOW!"

"Dear Santa (or Saint Jamie or whatever you like sir, because my mommy taught me to be polite when begging like a dawg),

I've been a very, very good girl. I never lie, neither either. (My mommy also says to use proper grammar when begging like a dawg.) So, as I was looking through this Wish Book that you've posted, however unwittingly, I had a thought. Really. I think I did. :shh: Anyhow, I was thinking . . . that since you are such a sweet (thus SweetJamie is one word, as you are oft called), kind, generous--(Mommy says I should never steal from Natalie Merchant)--hmm, "kind and generous," so, since you are all that and nearly about walk on water and stuff, I have my list of seeds sought from you, since I've been such a good girl. Especially with a broken foot. (Note the blatant play for sympathy; oh, you did notice that?). So, I would like, love, g%%damnit am beggin' here, mon, some seeds for 2015 1. Chocolate nagabrain 2. Viper X Purple Bhut 3. Barrackpore X Tscorp Choc F2 (to become F3). 4. Green Hornet 5. Not Yaki Blue 6. Lava 7. Madballz X Jonah and 8. Aji Lemon X Datil Now, just any li'l ole ones of them those, would make me a happy little girl at Christmas.

Love,
a pobrecita little iddy bitty broken footed et c[SIZE=12pt]ē[/SIZE]tera, (Mommy says to use correct Latin in closing), chica,
Annie ;) "

Now, lessus me, git real: I love this glog Jamie (as usual) and truly respect how you celebrate the nons! I have 3 Yellow 7's with one plant's pods turning red as a baboon's butt; you inspire me to cherish it! In fact, it came from seed, from plant, that was beside a red moruga last year so .  . . 'ere ya go. And aren't Stefan's Pimenta Lisa wonderful?!  :party:  I have one that's turned out orange-peach pods, just delicious, and another turning the color on his website. Later, sweetness! :D

Cool updates Jamie! And the photography is top notch as well. How are the pests treating you down there? We're experiencing an earwig hatching lately. A bunch of the other gardeners nuked their plots with diatomaceous earth. Looked like it snowed down there. Luckily their application helps control the bugs in my plots, so its all good.

Lisa is a very nice looking plant. I can't believe how big your plants get in those pots! I clearly have a lot to learn about container growing.

Jamie,
I think you need to talk to your wife, kids and job, they are taking up to much of your time! Your updating has fallen off a bit and there are a bunch of us out here needing Florida love, those of us waiting on ripe supers still! So um, maybe just tell everyone else in your life you need more time for peppers ;)

I could drop in to your glog anytime and find exactly the same thing - great plants, super fine pods,
abundant harvests of same, cool dogs and just plain old good times!  You are the man, Jamie!

Back from vacation and I still see things are clicking along here nicely.

And yeah the summer heat is here for awhile..things will kick in September!

Keep up the good work!

stickman said:

Pretty well now that things have finally warmed up into the 60s overnight... The plants tend to be shorter and bushier than they would have been if the weather was warmer earlier. They're all podding up now though. :party:

yes indeed your pepper patch is exploding . Can't wait to see what type of concoctions you come up with . 

annie57 said:
Dang, SweetJamie!

Went back and read through the novel, here. I have a response besides, "EFFIN' WOW!"

"Dear Santa (or Saint Jamie or whatever you like sir, because my mommy taught me to be polite when begging like a dawg),

I've been a very, very good girl. I never lie, neither either. (My mommy also says to use proper grammar when begging like a dawg.) So, as I was looking through this Wish Book that you've posted, however unwittingly, I had a thought. Really. I think I did. Anyhow, I was thinking . . . that since you are such a sweet (thus SweetJamie is one word, as you are oft called), kind, generous--(Mommy says I should never steal from Natalie Merchant)--hmm, "kind and generous," so, since you are all that and nearly about walk on water and stuff, I have my list of seeds sought from you, since I've been such a good girl. Especially with a broken foot. (Note the blatant play for sympathy; oh, you did notice that?). So, I would like, love, g%%damnit am beggin' here, mon, some seeds for 2015 1. Chocolate nagabrain 2. Viper X Purple Bhut 3. Barrackpore X Tscorp Choc F2 (to become F3). 4. Green Hornet 5. Not Yaki Blue 6. Lava 7. Madballz X Jonah and 8. Aji Lemon X Datil Now, just any li'l ole ones of them those, would make me a happy little girl at Christmas.

Love,
a pobrecita little iddy bitty broken footed et c[SIZE=12pt]ē[/SIZE]tera, (Mommy says to use correct Latin in closing), chica,
Annie 

Now, lessus me, git real: I love this glog Jamie (as usual) and truly respect how you celebrate the nons! I have 3 Yellow 7's with one plant's pods turning red as a baboon's butt; you inspire me to cherish it! In fact, it came from seed, from plant, that was beside a red moruga last year so .  . . 'ere ya go. And aren't Stefan's Pimenta Lisa wonderful?!   I have one that's turned out orange-peach pods, just delicious, and another turning the color on his website. Later, sweetness! 

Mrs Annie you know I got your back. Just remind need to remind me every once in a while .  ;)

SomeLikeItHot said:
I swear, that Lava plant would make Shaq feel like a midget.
LMFAO !!!

maximumcapsicum said:
Cool updates Jamie! And the photography is top notch as well. How are the pests treating you down there? We're experiencing an earwig hatching lately. A bunch of the other gardeners nuked their plots with diatomaceous earth. Looked like it snowed down there. Luckily their application helps control the bugs in my plots, so its all good.

Lisa is a very nice looking plant. I can't believe how big your plants get in those pots! I clearly have a lot to learn about container growing.

LOL Adam if you can grow on top of concrete like you do growing in containers will be a breeze . My hats off to you . 

SomeLikeItHot said:
If it gets any taller it will lead to the goose that lays golden eggs. Just gotta watch out for that damn giant.

Ha yeah i think it has  finally reached  it's max and now it  is focusing on making babies :) 

chile_freak said:
Jamie,
I think you need to talk to your wife, kids and job, they are taking up to much of your time! Your updating has fallen off a bit and there are a bunch of us out here needing Florida love, those of us waiting on ripe supers still! So um, maybe just tell everyone else in your life you need more time for peppers 
 You know it Paul if there were just more hours in a day . 

PaulG said:
I could drop in to your glog anytime and find exactly the same thing - great plants, super fine pods,
abundant harvests of same, cool dogs and just plain old good times!  You are the man, Jamie!

Thanks Paul and back at ya my friend . 

Devv said:
Back from vacation and I still see things are clicking along here nicely.

And yeah the summer heat is here for awhile..things will kick in September!

Keep up the good work!
Thanks Scott judging by your grow there has been little slowdown on your end :) 

Barley-pop57 said:
Jamie,

Need to get a fix for pics of your plants and / or foodies....it's been awhile...lol

I know Mike i am slacking. I have a few picks for ya . I will try to do a real update later this week . No promises  :liar:

This was my first ripe Cumari Pollux . Love the flavor and heat of this pepper . All tounge and mouth burn . But a juicy little thang  and starts out sweet . Heat creeps up on ya . Maybe 10,000 scoville units per pepper  :fireball: Great snacking pepper if you can get thru the seeds . 

photo_zps694df2f1.jpg

This my other Pimenta Lisa . A little more green and starting to flower 

photo_zps1ce2beeb.jpg

I have tons on MoA pods forming and two that are almost as big as a tennis ball 

photo_zps30845da3.jpg

And a grilled chicken breast smothered in Buddy's( Pamler's Peppers )  amazing hot BB sauce 

photo_zps5f813b18.jpg

Found this big old wheel bug ( related to assassin bug ) waiting for a stank bug on my cumari plant  :fireball:

photo_zps2e35dd19.jpg

Nightshade said:
Cumari pollux is my favorite pepper absolutely amazing
 Yes indeed 

Spicegeist said:
Yeah, Cumari Pollux are really cool.  Productive and beautiful plants, attractive flowers, and fun little peppers.
You know it Charles !!! tasty treats . 

Couple updates. Been away or slacking or both . Lots of color . The bitter heat is here but the late day showers have done there job .

A video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy7gslp_Y_U&list=UUj50MN2HMkx2wV8GOgopFbA

MoA's

IMG_5505_zps9444f2ba.jpg

pepper row 

IMG_5507_zpsa5a167ee.jpg

madballz x jonah

IMG_5508_zps4048c897.jpg

pimenta lisa going white should finish with a hint of purple if all goes right 

IMG_5511_zps699a53c6.jpg

Lava

IMG_5512_zpse83b6c79.jpg

jigsaw

IMG_5513_zps40e3e95a.jpg

datil X aji lemon NOT i must have miss tagged this nasty one 

IMG_5516_zps93b4b43e.jpg

More to come later with a bump 

Jamie, ya got an Aji BG7?  :P  (j/k) Lookin' good sweetie! I have one of those Not Douglah. And yeah: they some rough . . . whew. Total accident but hope I have one Douglah-Douglah. Love the Cumari Pollux and my "Lisa's" or one, is orange; nice snacker! Evil stuff, Jamie, just evil :cool: .

MoA has loaded up nicely, and the rest haint too shabby neither! ;)

Always love a chicken breast slathered in hot tasty goodness. And that one looks good!

Keep it green bro!

Back