• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ronniedeb's 2015 season

Well my list gets bigger year on year. 

Chinense
1. CGN21566 BRAZIL
2. CGN21500 BRAZIL
3. Tobago Sweet TOBAGO
4. Scotch Brain USA
5. Bahamian Goat BAHAMAS
6. Fatalii CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
7. Cumari du Para BRAZIL
8. PI257176 PERU
9. Pickersgill Orange BRAZIL
10. Tucurrique Yellow COSTA RICA
11. Puerto Rican Yellow PUERTA RICO
12. Belize Scotch Bonnet BELIZE
13. Mako Akokosrade GHANA
14. Coyote Zan White BRAZIL
15. UBSC Brown USA
16. Bhut Orange Copenhagen DENMARK
17. PI281317 TRINIDAD
18. Guwahati Bhut INDIA
19. Pimenta Puma ITALY
20. Cajamarca PERU
21. Morango BRAZIL
22. Pimenta Bico BRAZIL
23. Pimenta Tekila BRAZIL
24. Pimenta Ouro BRAZIL
25. Pimenta Salar BRAZIL
26. CAP691 UNKNOWN
27. Elysium Oxide Bonnet USA
28. Pimenta Lisa NETHERLANDS
29. Brown Egg CGN22856 NETHERLANDS/BOLIVIA

Baccatum
1. Pimenta Barra Ribeiro BRAZIL
2. Aji Norteno PERU
3. Aji Verde PERU
4. Aji Cristal CHILE
5. PI 199506 Guyana GUYANA
6. Aji Fantasy FINLAND
7. CGN22871 UNKNOWN

Annuum
1. Kapia Pepper HUNGARY
2. Fiesta F1 Pepper ??
3. Aconcagua ARGENTINA
4. Poblano MEXICO
5. Amish Bush USA
6. CAP253 UNKNOWN
7. CAP1473 UNKNOWN
8. Donne Sali GUAM
9. Chihuacle Negro MEXICO
10. De Arbol MEXICO
11. Gochu KOREA
12. Jalapeno 1 
13. Jalapeno 2
14. Jalapeno 3
15. Jalapeno 4

Frutescens
1. Indiana Pequin USA
2. Thai Bird’s Eye THAILAND
3. Pi281353 MARIANA ISLANDS
4. Spicegeist’s Frutescens USA
5. Lotah Bih INDIA

Wild
1. Cumari Verdadeira (Capsicum praetermissum) BRAZIL
2. Capsicum galapagoense GALAPAGOS
3. Ulupica (Capsicum cardenasii) BOLIVIA/PERU
4. Capsicum flexuosum PARAGUAY/BRAZIL/ARGENTINA
5. Capsicum tovarii PERU
6. Capsicum lanceolatum GUATEMALA/MEXICO/HONDURAS
7. Capsicum eximium ARGENTINA/BOLIVIA

Pubescens
1. Giant Mexican Rocoto MEXICO

Also hope to overwinter a few varieties. Quite chinense-heavy this year. Also a lot of Brazilian varieties.

Thanks to all those who sent seeds to me. It is much appreciated, and is what makes these forums great!

Devv said:
I agree, they're ready for dirt :P

I hope the weather goes your way!

Thanks Devv. Still cold here unfortunately. 

Well, two weeks since my last update. Really need to think about moving plants out to greenhouse soon. Tomatoes are going out during the day, back in at night (when I remember  :rolleyes: )

Overcrowded in Growtent:

Aji Cristal podding:

Aphids made a comeback. Gave everything a good pyrethrin spray. A little too vigourous on this leaf maybe:

Some baby pods on an overwintered unlabelled chinense:

Another unlabelled overwintered plant, this time a baccatum, sprawling outwards. 

Bluesman's mutant:

Some Annuums in foreground. Need to cover the algae on top:

Some more Annuums:

Sawyer said:
Is that Bluesman's mutant a pepper?

Yes. Bluesman is a Finnish member of the chillisgalore.co.uk forum. He found this mutant among his Candlelight (Capsicum Annuum) Peppers. I think he calls it the Sahara Desert Pepper, but must double check that. It's grown like this through a couple of generations. Here are some other photos of his:

http://chiliforum.hot-pain.de/thread-23567-page-11.html
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_L2NRhEx13OI/TCXyPJ2qVRI/AAAAAAAABGs/Az7RaGvU0Gs/mutantti%201.jpg

It's an ugly plant, but interesting all the same! :lol:

Devv said:
Plants looking great!

And yeah that Bluesman is certainly different.

Here's to warmer weather out your way!

Cheers Devv. Looking frosty for a few days, then rainy and windy, but meant to settle and warm again for Easter. Hopefully it'll be more consistent soon. I wouldn't mind some of your Texas Sun at the moment!

That mutant is really cool. 

We've had sun and rain the last two days here.  It's gotten up into the upper 70s ºF (~25ºC) both days, too, but the cold is coming back tomorrow for a few days, flirting with freezing at night.

ronniedeb said:

Cheers Devv. Looking frosty for a few days, then rainy and windy, but meant to settle and warm again for Easter. Hopefully it'll be more consistent soon. I wouldn't mind some of your Texas Sun at the moment!
+1 on the texan sun.
Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer for spring, we've had some sun here but its cold in the wind.
Plants look great dude.

I love the look of your plants Ronan, very sturdy and healthy-looking! I think those of us up north are getting a bit of the "Shack Nasties" waiting for things to warm up enough to plant outside. Keep up the good work!

stickman said:
I love the look of your plants Ronan, very sturdy and healthy-looking! I think those of us up north are getting a bit of the "Shack Nasties" waiting for things to warm up enough to plant outside. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Rick. "Shack Nasties"?  :lol:  :lol:  That's a new expression for me! :lol:
Got 4 plants (a drop in the ocean) into their final positions in small hempy pots. Despite the fact that they are going to stay on the windowsill for the summer, it still feels like the first step in de-congesting the growtent and windowsill!! :lol: 

They are Mako Akokosrade, Coyote Zan White, Belize Scotch Bonnet and Pimenta Puma. 

Unfortunately about 30 seconds after I took that photo I dropped an empty CFL Bulb box on them, and broke two limbs of the Mako Akokosrade  :cry: 

Still, plenty of time for it to produce a few pods. 

The sooner I get the greenhouse clean and some of the plants put out, the better. 
Plants are getting too close to bulbs:

I've had to put this Oo'dham Chiltepin out in the greenhouse. It was getting too tall for the windowsill. Hopefully it will be ok. I have the heat set to 8 celsius in there now, despite the heater probably working overtime some nights. 

It's put out some new growth and has dropped some of last year's leaves that it had retained through winter. It's also ripened some pin head sized pods that it held onto unripe through winter. This is the one from the Allotment Communal polytunnel that survived there until I rescued it in January. I also have a smaller one, that lost it's leaves in my own greenhouse  which was kept at +2 celsius, but seems to be alive still. A resilient variety of pepper it seems, but this particular plant in the photo will get some special treatment from me for it's survival skills.  8)

Ronan sorry to hear about the Mako ... then again your half way to the "Katie" story all you got to do now is shout and water it less ... in door jungle same as mine ... can't wait to get them outside ... nice choice of wine!

I hear ya 'bout snapping limbs off Ronan... I managed the same with my OW Manzano this winter too, but they'll grow more. The Chiltepins are tough, and yours is looking very green. I wouldn't worry about it. Hopefully not too much longer to plant-out for you... what are your overnight low temperatures like now?

Sorry to hear you damaged your plant, it will recover I'm sure. I dropped a plant on the floor the other day but its fine now.
They look great in there new homes. We have been forecast 16c here for tomorrow, hopefully you have similar the other side of the irish sea!

Trident chilli said:
Ronan sorry to hear about the Mako ... then again your half way to the "Katie" story all you got to do now is shout and water it less ... in door jungle same as mine ... can't wait to get them outside ... nice choice of wine!

Cheers John. Weather is a bit of a tease at the moment. Beautiful sunny days in the high teens, but dropping towards frost at night. 
stickman said:
I hear ya 'bout snapping limbs off Ronan... I managed the same with my OW Manzano this winter too, but they'll grow more. The Chiltepins are tough, and yours is looking very green. I wouldn't worry about it. Hopefully not too much longer to plant-out for you... what are your overnight low temperatures like now?

Cheers Rick. Yeah, I'm learning that the Chiltepins are pretty tough alright. I also have a 3 year old runty little Eastern Travis County Tepin, that has failed to ever set fruit. I would dump the plant, but it doesnt want to die on me, so I keep giving him reprieves! Night temps still low. I've put some overwinters in a cold greenhouse with just a layer of fleece, but they're showing some cold damage on leaves, so need to rethink that move. Hopefully night temps will pick up soon. Usually it's mid May, and we're good to go. 
PaulS said:
Sorry to hear you damaged your plant, it will recover I'm sure. I dropped a plant on the floor the other day but its fine now.
They look great in there new homes. We have been forecast 16c here for tomorrow, hopefully you have similar the other side of the irish sea!

Cheers Paul. Yeah, the days have been beautiful here. Got some gardening done, peas, onions and potatoes planted on the Allotment. Not got around to cleaning out the greenhouse yet though. Bit cloudier here today, and forecast some strong winds and rain for the weekend. Meant to pick up next week again though. 

Lights are at their highest point in the growtent, so need to give some plants the chop unless I get them out to the greenhouse soon.

Getting some baccatum pods in there. 
Guyana:

Aji Cristal:

CGN22871

Pimenta Barro de Ribeiro

Moved two more plants into their final pots today. Larger Hempy pots destined for the greenhouse. Pimenta Bico and Pimenta Barro do Ribeiro

Tomatillo also flowering. 

Back