• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

desserts Rosemary olive oil cake

For you bakers out there:

I thought I would share a photo and cake recipe with all of you. I literally dreamt about this cake multiple nights after a good friend of mine posted a similar photo on facebook. The recipe is very easy but does require a mixer. The cake is very light and delicate.,.not huge on flavor but damn good.

4 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Preheat the oven to 325 F. Spray a 10-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
  • Using the whip attachment, beat the eggs in a mixer for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is very foamy and pale in color. With the mixer running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Using a spatula, gently fold the rosemary into the batter.
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
  • Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. The cake is done when it is golden brown, springs back when touched, and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool briefly in the pan, then tip out onto a cake rack to continue cooling.

Rosemary is one of my all time favorite herbs.....that cake sounds like a keeper for me....looks good.

It is a sweet cake.  I think it would make an excellent light dessert or go great with a cup of bold coffee in the morning.

Back