• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Rosemary Pesto

Not sure if this should go here on in recipes, but, oh well... We had a family gathering this weekend and did a lot of cooking. I made basil pesto and bruschetta on Friday, and my brother made rosemary pesto and oven baked potatoes on Saturday night. You can find a good basil pesto recipe any where on the web, but I love the rosemary pesto recipe my brother uses. He uses butter in it, which smooths out the sharp bite of the rosemary.

Rosemary Pesto

1 cup of rosemary leaves. Add more to taste
3 or 4 cloves of garlic. Add more to taste
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan.
2 tablespoons of olive oil.

Do not over blend as the pesto will turn gray and lose its eye appeal.

We did the oven roasted potatoes, but it's fabulous on grilled pork, too. Shoot, we were dipping chips in it while we were preparing dinner last night.

Sounds great Pam. What spuds did you oven roast? I like to quarter and blanch small new reds and then toss in garlic, olive oil and paprika and roast till crispy on at least one side. Seems like everyone cooks in your family, thats great! But who is the big kahuna in the kitchen when everyone shows up?

texas blues said:
Sounds great Pam.What spuds did you oven roast? I like to quarter and blanch small new reds and then toss in garlic, olive oil and paprika and roast till crispy on at least one side.

These were new red potatoes picked up at the Farmer's Market Saturday morning. They were chopped pretty small, tossed in olive oil, then roasted until they were crispy. Finally, they were tossed in the rosemary pesto.

Seems like everyone cooks in your family, thats great! But who is the big kahuna in the kitchen when everyone shows up?

My mother doesn't like to cook, said she did it every day when we were growing up, and she's tired of it. So, when we all get together, we make sure she doesn't have to cook. No struggles over who's in charge, but my brother is a bit of a prima donna, or maybe more accurately a food snob. He's always going to some over priced yuppy store and bringing in the latest trendy food. Which is ok, I don't care if he's snobby about where he shops as long as he cooks it well.

Back