• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ⓢⓟⓘⓒⓔⓖⓔⓘⓢⓣ ❷⓿❶❺

This year I'm not growing a whole lot, but enough to keep me happy :)

The first to sprout are Pink Tiger, can you see them here?:

I also have a couple of plants I started a while back, here are a some baby red bhut pods:

Two Rocoto Inca plants:

Two Pink Tiger plants, they get pretty green under the flurorescent, but am confident they'll get purple again in daylight:

Two Rocoto crosses and two Alligator Bhuts:

Aji Cristal (C. baccatum) x Cumari Pollux (C. praetermissum) F2

Up-close of a fuzzy Rocoto cross plant:

My Peach Bhut x Peach Scorpion F1, very healthy plant.  I shared seed with a few people, anyone have their's growing yet?

Great pics as always Charles! The Locato seeds I planted a couple of weeks ago turned out to be a bust, so I planted the Inca Rocoto seeds you sent me last week. If they germinate they won't look as nice as yours but my plan is to OW them next winter. Reading up on the Costa Rican Yellow pubes that did germinate, I see it's supposed to be a more heat-tolerant variety... if not a particularly hot one. Think you'd be interested in seeds from the future crop?

stickman said:
Great pics as always Charles! The Locato seeds I planted a couple of weeks ago turned out to be a bust, so I planted the Inca Rocoto seeds you sent me last week. If they germinate they won't look as nice as yours but my plan is to OW them next winter. Reading up on the Costa Rican Yellow pubes that did germinate, I see it's supposed to be a more heat-tolerant variety... if not a particularly hot one. Think you'd be interested in seeds from the future crop?

You might still have enough time to get some fruit, once they get going, they grow pretty fast.  At least that's been my experience.

PaulS said:
Plants are looking amazing! Some really big leaves :)
My pink tiger plants are under a fluro and the leaves are purple not green, not sure why they would go green?

I really don't know.  When they were smaller I put them in a sunny window and they turned purple...

You are going to have pods by May! I haven't even started my seeds yet. Just getting some pubes starting to sprout now.

Is the the pube crossed with another pube? You don't have to leak what it actually is,just a yes or no is fine.

I am crossing a white flowered pube with a white flowered eximium. Have a lanceolatum x rhomboideum going also,just waiting on the fruit to ripen to check for viability.

Pr0digal_son said:
You are going to have pods by May! I haven't even started my seeds yet. Just getting some pubes starting to sprout now.

Is the the pube crossed with another pube? You don't have to leak what it actually is,just a yes or no is fine.

I am crossing a white flowered pube with a white flowered eximium. Have a lanceolatum x rhomboideum going also,just waiting on the fruit to ripen to check for viability.

Sounds like really wild crosses!  Can't wait to see them...

I get so little light on my patio, I need to get them started this early just to get anything during the season.  I really need to find a community garden spot, but I've had bad luck with those in the past, so I hesitate.

The Rocoto Cross is Manzano 'Dino Pod' x Rocoto Inca F1.

Spicegeist said:

Haha, there are quite a few nice ones in the mix.  It just seems it would be wrong to not grow these out at this point.  But when I imagine the space and time I'd gain... it does also seem like it would be nice to have that.  This hobby is just never-ending :confused: .
So very true!

Spicegeist said:
I keep having these little fantasies about getting rid of my plants and growing maybe one or two plants.  I have so many that are special though, it would be hard to imagine going through with that...

Sounds familiar Charles...  We've all been there, and some of us never left! :P  Once I get my plants in the ground and the drip irrigation system set up with the hose timer, my options open up again. How are your babies looking about now? Any chance of pics? (hint, hint) ;)

I haven't posted in a while because things are, well... terribly boring at the moment.  Just bringing plants out and then bringing them back in.  Keeping a few under lights, rotating them around, and all that tedious stuff.

Here are a bunch of plants just waiting to go out and play:

Here's a Seven Pod Moruga I've been pampering:

A couple of Seven Pod Douglahs that got sun burned and then not enough light.  I'll let them recuperate here:

Charles!  Those look awesome, buddy!  Whatever you are doing, don't stop…   :party:

Back