• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ⓢⓟⓘⓒⓔⓖⓔⓘⓢⓣ ❷⓿❶❺

This year I'm not growing a whole lot, but enough to keep me happy :)

The first to sprout are Pink Tiger, can you see them here?:

I also have a couple of plants I started a while back, here are a some baby red bhut pods:

Spicegeist said:

Thanks Paul.  A bunch of them have sun scald, but I like to stress them a bit anyway ;)
Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to have some curled leaves this week. Had everything out for about 4 hrs Saturday and 6hrs yesterday. With any luck I may even be able to plant some stuff this weekend.

wahlee76 said:
Looking good :party: , Almost time to let them play outside.

But, Alligator Bhut's, haven't heard of those yet. A cross of some sort?

I've been growing a number of different bhuts.  The Alligator Bhut is just a name I'm calling one which turned out particularly spiky.

grispa72 said:
I must follow you!!!
Beautiful plants, especially Rocoto's, my fovourites   :clap:

Paolo

I have a couple of Rocotos.  Two Rocoto Incas and one cross I made between a Rocoto and a Manzano.

Really cool crosses you have going. And those Rocotos are fuzzy as heck! I wanted to ask you about the small plant at the very bottom middle of this photo. Two of my peppers had the same funky thing going on with the leaves. Do you know or do you suspect what may be causing the leaf deformation?

IMG_20150228_200207_zps5eujw0i1.jpg

suchen said:
Really cool crosses you have going. And those Rocotos are fuzzy as heck! I wanted to ask you about the small plant at the very bottom middle of this photo. Two of my peppers had the same funky thing going on with the leaves. Do you know or do you suspect what may be causing the leaf deformation?

I'm not exactly sure, but I noticed this happens with some of my plants when they get too big for the pots.  It usually clears up when I pot them up...
Spicegeist said:

Here are some alligators I'm keeping in my grow closet:

D3monic said:
Curious to see a pic of the alligator bhut. 

Here's a pic from January.

D3monic said:

Ozzy2001 said:
What color do those gator bhuts turn? They do look like alligator skin.

Trident chilli said:
Charles your grow is a pleasure to follow .. those alligator Bhuts are phenomenal a beautiful looking pod ... do they bite as in heat ....

ronniedeb said:
Plants look fantastic Charles. Alligator Bhut is a great name! :lol:

Thanks guys.  The Alligator Bhuts turn red... the next generation is looking good, should have some seed to share before too long.

Update time.

Here's a Pink Tiger, I haven't been pampering these too much, you can see the transition from green leaves under fluorescent, sun burnt from first exposure, now dark purple once it adjusts:

In 2013 I received some Red Bhuts from a friend, I grew out seed from all three pods in 2014, but only one plant grew true.  Don't get me wrong, they were interesting, just not what I was looking for.  So here are two plants grown from seed saved from the bhut that grew true (from two different pods to improve genetics):

Here are the three original pods I received in 2013:

Here are three plants grown from seed from jedisushi06.  Last year I grew out Shabu Jolokia seed he sent me and got two different phenos: regular and fat.  He also sent me some Assam Bhut Jolokia seed, but I didn't grow it last year.  So the top two are grow from my saved Shabu seed and the bottom from the Assam seed direct from jedisushi.

Malagueta:

Rocoto Inca:

Seven Pod Moruga Caramel:

Two Seven Pod Douglah from different seed sources:

Two Aji Cristal (C. baccatum) x Cumari Pollux (C. praetermissum) F2:

Two Naga King plants from seed from two different pods off a plant I grew in 2014, original seed from PeriPeri:

Here's what the pods looked like on the plant I grew last year:
14591107769_664d162702_b.jpg

A special cross I'm working on, has bhut and seven pod moruga genes.  I've shared a few crosses with people to grow this year, but I am the only person growing this particular cross:

My Peach Bhut x Jay's Peach Scorpion F1 cross, a few others are also growing it, very strong plant:

My plants have only been outside for a week or so and the little ecosystem is already developing, an Assassin Bug:

Spicegeist said:

I'm not exactly sure, but I noticed this happens with some of my plants when they get too big for the pots.  It usually clears up when I pot them up...

Here's a pic from January.
sweet looking pod my friend !      :onfire:

Back