• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ⓢⓟⓘⓒⓔⓖⓔⓘⓢⓣ ❷⓿❶❺

This year I'm not growing a whole lot, but enough to keep me happy :)

The first to sprout are Pink Tiger, can you see them here?:

I also have a couple of plants I started a while back, here are a some baby red bhut pods:

Spicegeist said:

Thanks Chris!  I think they look perfect too :cool:.  I've been working on keeping this one pure and healthy... will have plenty of seed if things continue to go well...
My chocolate is looking very promising..hopefully the red follow suit and the peach is gnarly as well. 

Not to clog up your glog but just found some reds I had missed previously...they do look ok after all.

10422448_1028689170498142_1570817582569680155_n.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
My chocolate is looking very promising..hopefully the red follow suit and the peach is gnarly as well. 

Not to clog up your glog but just found some reds I had missed previously...they do look ok after all.

10422448_1028689170498142_1570817582569680155_n.jpg
that's how mine look. i get the seeds from refining fire chiles.

Here's a pod on the C. galapagoense cross plant:

Peach Bhut x Jay's Peach Scorpion F1:

I have two Seven Pod Douglah plants, each from a different seed source, here's what the pods look like on each:

Seven Pod Moruga:

Pink Tiger:

So my bhut that I really like, the 'Jumbo Bhut' puts out pods that are elongated and pointy and they another type:

The other pod shape:

maximumcapsicum said:
Great grow as always! Can't wait to see the Peach Bhut x Jay's Peach Scorpion F1 ripen up. Do you grow many of the 7-pod varieties?

Thanks!  I can't wait to see them too.  The Jay's Peach has lighter coloration while the Peach Bhut was a little darker.  I was hoping to get that lighter color with the better flavor of the Peach Bhut... I'd have to grow out a lot of F2 to find that combination, but maybe if enough people on here would want to grow it I could share seed and then we'd see...

Here are some pods on a straight Peach Bhut plant developing:

As for Seven Pods... I do have a handful going, just the classic types though :cool:

*Edit: actually, I'm growing the "Caramel Moruga" as well, which is not a classic Seven Pod type and does not grow like the others.

Guitarman said:
And then people asks us why we love peppers so much... Such shapes, varieties and, in a few, colors... Keep it going Charles!!! ;)

Thanks buddy... will do!

Very nice pod pics. Is it me or do those peppers have faces on them. LOL.

You have some of the best looking pods. Can't get enough of the crosses. Anxious to see the color in some of those pods.

Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

You've got some Bhut-alicious pods coming along Charles... everything looks great! Are the loops of colored string to mark sequestered pods for seed collecting?

Back