• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ⓢⓟⓘⓒⓔⓖⓔⓘⓢⓣ ❷⓿❶❺

This year I'm not growing a whole lot, but enough to keep me happy :)

The first to sprout are Pink Tiger, can you see them here?:

I also have a couple of plants I started a while back, here are a some baby red bhut pods:

Dang, I can't get my Bhut to sprout. I ordered a bunch of different things a bit late from Tasty Peppers the Bhut being one of them in Mustard.

The seeds look great, they are just not wanting to sprout. Are Bhuts taking longer vs other seeds?

OCD Chilehead said:
Very nice pod pics. Is it me or do those peppers have faces on them. LOL.

You have some of the best looking pods. Can't get enough of the crosses. Anxious to see the color in some of those pods.

Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

Yes, one of them in particular has a very good face:

stickman said:
You've got some Bhut-alicious pods coming along Charles... everything looks great! Are the loops of colored string to mark sequestered pods for seed collecting?

Yes, that's exactly what the string is for!

dday said:
Dang, I can't get my Bhut to sprout. I ordered a bunch of different things a bit late from Tasty Peppers the Bhut being one of them in Mustard.

The seeds look great, they are just not wanting to sprout. Are Bhuts taking longer vs other seeds?

Hm, sorry to hear that... no, they don't, *shouldn't, take longer than other varieties...

OCD Chilehead said:
Wow. That's a great looking pod Charles. Great pic also. I can almost smell it.

How did it taste? Floral?

Thanks... well, I don't know if I'd describe it as floral... I'm not really good at using words that make sense to describe taste I think... definitely has its own flavor that lingers for a while after eating a bit.

Spicegeist said:
Thanks... well, I don't know if I'd describe it as floral... I'm not really good at using words that make sense to describe taste I think... definitely has its own flavor that lingers for a while after eating a bit.
Thats true. Sometimes there isn't a word for pepper flavors. Smell is alot easier to describe. I guess not everything taste like chicken. Frog taste like frog and 7Pod Moruga taste like 7Pod Moruga. LOL!

Thanks for sharing.

Spicegeist said:
Peach X:

For those of you interested in my Peach cross, here are some pics of pods off the parent plants last year (2014):
14714325417_51c3ac8ab2_b.jpg

14897895361_0774ce2dce_b.jpg

Originally posted here in August 2014:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44012-spicegeist-2014-the-year-of-the-bhut/?p=1038114

Incredible peach cross Charles! Interesting that you have the tail on one of the pods. I am definitely behind the gnarly flesh thoigh.

Got a chocolate bhut growing in coco in my bedroom this year. Fruits have set so I'll have some indoor bhuts soon. I'll post pics when they start to get some color.

You got some nice projects going on. Happy growin!

maximumcapsicum said:
Incredible peach cross Charles! Interesting that you have the tail on one of the pods. I am definitely behind the gnarly flesh thoigh.

Got a chocolate bhut growing in coco in my bedroom this year. Fruits have set so I'll have some indoor bhuts soon. I'll post pics when they start to get some color.

You got some nice projects going on. Happy growin!

Portuge said:
Hey Charles, pods are looking super knarly..Your Peach cross is going to be a good one

Thanks guys.  Fortunately muskymojo is also growing the Peach X this year, I hope this will help spread the genetics a little farther than I can on my own:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/52790-muskys-2015-half-assed-glog/?p=1196765

Some pics from today, more color...

Seven Pod Moruga:

Seven Pod Douglah

Bhuts ripening:

Naga King:

A blocky yellow pepper (1/2 Yellow Bhut):

'Jumbo Bhut' is turning yellow, which is very odd because I grew the plant from seed I gathered from a red bhut I grew in my grow closet :think: :

Spicegeist said:
Thanks guys.  Fortunately muskymojo is also growing the Peach X this year, I hope this will help spread the genetics a little farther than I can on my own:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/52790-muskys-2015-half-assed-glog/?p=1196765

Some pics from today, more color...

Seven Pod Moruga:

Seven Pod Douglah

Bhuts ripening:

Naga King:

A blocky yellow pepper (1/2 Yellow Bhut):

'Jumbo Bhut' is turning yellow, which is very odd because I grew the plant from seed I gathered from a red bhut I grew in my grow closet :think: :
I swear the douglah is the hottest pepper I have ever eaten! Nice poddage!

Nice harvest Charles, I'd hate to ask what the heat is like on those morugas. Been awhile since I ate a super hot, oh the stomach aches...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Very nice! My chocolate ghosts this year are picture perfect as are the reds! Yours are looking awesome!

Thanks... my bhuts are looking pretty good too.  I haven't taken any choco bhut pics even though I've had a few ripe pods... I fear I may be fading a bit here on THP...

Portuge said:
Nice harvest Charles, I'd hate to ask what the heat is like on those morugas. Been awhile since I ate a super hot, oh the stomach aches...

They're too hot of course, lol... want some seed to grow?  I need to spread these genes, I'll probably have a slower year next time around.

I've been thinking about this for a while and have made a decision regarding my pepper growing activities.

I've come to the conclusion that my pepper hobby is taking up too much of my energy.  For a while it was a good distraction, soothing and helpful for me, but now it has become something of a burden.  I've decided to finish up this season and then call it quits.  I'll share some peppers and seed to help keep the varieties and crosses going, but other than that I'm going to focus on other aspects of my life while I wind this hobby down.

Thanks for being supportive and for being a part of the experience with me on here, it's been fun... but all things come to an end.
:cheers:

Bon voyage,
Spicegeist

Back