• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SadisticPepper's (aka Elcap1999's) 2013/2014/2015 Oceanside glog update

Unfortunately, about half of the trays I had set up got shriveled up on account of a nasty wind storm drying them out. Oddly enough all the plants I had potted up already made it through without a problem, so I've spent the last couple of days redoing the ones I had seeds for, and the ones I didn't I just swapped them out with ones I recently got from PepperLover. Here's a couple pics:

Here's the trays I set out yesterday and today
IMG_5996-vi.jpg

On the left (going top to bottom, I have Red Brain strains, Red Morugas and Yellow Morugas. The middle group is Chocolate Morugas, Red Bhuts and White Bhuts, and on the right is Purple Bhuts on one half, and orange bhuts on the other half of the first tray, and Red Butch T's on the 2nd tray

Here's a little color coded legend I put together to keep them all straight. The color for the chocolate moruga didn't quite come out too well in the printer.
IMG_5997-vi.jpg

Plants and pods are lookin' pro, Paul. The way I see it, even if your pods aren't moving real fast now, you'll be making a lot of people happy this winter when your plants are still going strong! Keep it up!

Thank you good sir! And right now, they're not moving quite as fast as I would like, but I can dehydrate the earlier picked pods and sell them as dehydrated and powders.

And the seedlings I have in the ground now, the ballpark guesstimate I have is that I'm expecting them to begin pushing out flowers sometime in October, with a harvest in November, and continuing through the winter :)

Picked these last night!

IMG_8454-vi.jpg

Thanks, sir! These plants are still pushing out flowers like mad! :) I can't wait for the winter months, and see how these & the rest of my plants fare.

Hrm... either I screwed up, or am way too impatient for my own good. 3 of the trays I've had for going on three weeks now, and thus far, not a single seed has sprouted. I'm beginning to wonder what the flip is going on here...

Since I have so many TS Moruga peppers on my plants right now, I really need to dehydrate some, so I filled up my dehydrator, and let it go. I set it to 115 so I could save the seeds...

Tray 1 (Yellows)
IMG_8456-vi.jpg

Tray 2 (More Yellows)
IMG_8457-vi.jpg

Tray 3 (Still more Yellows)
IMG_8458-vi.jpg

Tray 4 (Yellows on the left, Reds on the right)
IMG_8459-vi.jpg

rick_pitcher said:
Bad ass dude

Thanks! In a way I'm glad I have a surplus of them, but come November or so, I'll have more than I know what to do with ;)

Here's some of the ones that dehydrated. The top tray was able to dehydrate first, and the rest are still going:

IMG_8460-vi.jpg

IMG_8461-vi.jpg

Today, I finally got around to weeding the garden, and upon finishing, I have good news and I have bad news....

The Bad News: While weeding, I noticed 5 hornworm caterpillars treating my pepper plants as their own personal salad bar. Needless to say they were dealt with (read: stabbed them all with bamboo skewers and threw them out with the rest of the trash). As a result, I lost a number of Bhuts (mainly white and chocolate), and several chocolate Morugas. Also saw a minor infestation of thrips on several 7Pots, which will be promptly dealt with, courtesy of a shock and awe campaign of neem oil and pyrethrum :)

The Good News: While several plants were lost to the aforementioned hornworms, the majority of my remaining plants (especially the 7Pots), were branching out and throwing out a mad quantity of flower buds, several weeks ahead of schedule. So this means by this time next month, or VERY early November, I'll have more pods than I know what to do with ;)

Edit: The neem oil & pyrethrum shock and awe campaign has been completed, and found a couple more hornworm caterpillars, which were duly dealt with and disposed of...

Here's pics of the plants post-weeding. Enjoy!

IMG_8467-vi.jpg

IMG_8468-vi.jpg

IMG_8470-vi.jpg

IMG_8471-vi.jpg

IMG_8472-vi.jpg

IMG_8473-vi.jpg

IMG_8474-vi.jpg

IMG_8475-vi.jpg

IMG_8476-vi.jpg

IMG_8477-vi.jpg

Indeed! I'm glad these plants are growing, and already saw several flowers opened up the last couple days, which is definitely a good sign :)

Today's pictures from the garden

Yellow Morugas
photo-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

Red Moruga
photo-vi.jpg

Some of my 7Pot Brain Strains
photo-vi.jpg

Red Bhuts
photo2-vi.jpg

Flower on my Red Bhut
photo-vi.jpg

Red Moruga pod forming
photo5-vi.jpg

7Pot Jonahs
photo6-vi.jpg

Overall shot of my established Morugas
photo3-vi.jpg

My harvest today. My largest single-day haul thus far, it came out to 3 pounds 13.2 ounces of pure hot TS Moruga goodness!

IMG_9668-vi.jpg

Thanks, check out my ad, I've got the links for 'em available there ;)

Dehydrated some peppers overnight, and made it into powder this AM. Came out with 281 grams or ~9.9 ounces. Here's some pics of the process:

IMG_9679-vi.jpg

IMG_9680-vi.jpg

IMG_9682-vi.jpg

IMG_9683-vi.jpg

IMG_9684-vi.jpg

Back