• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Salmon, Smoked, Multiple Species

texas blues said:
Last time I had butt cheeks I beer battered and deep fried them, stuck on a buttered and toasted burger bun with melted tillamook cheddar and crispy bacon. That is the realzel my manizel fo' shizel!!

Cheers, TB.

Sounds good. I usually do cheeks the same way I cook razors. I melt a little butter in a pot with some white wine, a tiny little bit of garlic, and just barely cook 'em.

One question? When is the next flight to Alaska I have a box of RASS that would go great with that bottle of Ardberg!! Pics made my mouth water!

hey beerswimmer i have a ? for you..lol

after this quick story..lol

i use to wet brine mine all the time and it gave great flavor. then i tried a dry brine once and got hooked.

now this is just my thought but when you are smoking fish, i try and take some of the moisture out and the salt in a dry brine does just that and lowers your smoking time..

so have you ever tried to dry brine fish?

Yep, I did the dry brine thing too. I really only do the wet because it's so stupid easy. My friend covers his with brown sugar, salt and cracked black pepper and sticks them in the fridge overnight. He says that in the morning all of the sugar is in the fish and the pepper is on the surface, ready for smoking. Sounds good, I will be doing it as soon as the in-laws head home. They are here right now, so no 14 hour smoking/drinking sessions for a few days!

Back