• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Salt Therapy???

I groupon a lot and just got a groupon for a 45 min salt therapy session. At first I thought wow cool I love the salt scrubs at the spas, but after reading further you just sit in a room with salt walls, floors, and ceiling.

Apparently they keep the room a certain temp and humidify it so you breath in tiny salt particles which is suppose to help your breathing and respiratory system. I have horrible sinuses so i'm still debating of I should try it or not.

Seems like it's huge in EU where they have "salt mines", but there is no scientific research done here in the state, but a few small studies showing improvement over certain respiratory problems done in EU.

Anyone ever try out salt therapy or have any useful real world feedback?

My dear sweet wife mrs. blues has sinus issues.

She just uses saline sprays.

I am skeptical about salt rooms, spas, and the like.

Whatever you do, don't inhale too much of the salt crystals - you want to avoid becoming a zombie! Still can't believe the Miami Zombie who used the bath salts (not even sure what type of drugs they are) and ate that poor homeless guy's face...

My dear sweet wife mrs. blues has sinus issues.

She just uses saline sprays.

I am skeptical about salt rooms, spas, and the like.

Yeah i'm not sure if it's new fad marketing or it really works. I considered saline sprays, but didn't want to get addicted to them so I use neilmed rinse instead. Works, but only a quick temp fix that doesn't last.

I just heard from a neighbor about Himalayan salt lamps being used to relieve asthma and other lung issues. I've never seen it before but I guess it could work...

I use Rhinocort - an anti-inflammatory spray. It's supposed to be non-addicting. My understanding is that pure saline sprays are also non-addicting. It is the spray antihistamines that are addicting, such as Afrin.

I wouldnt see a problem breathing in salt fumes since our bodies are full of salt naturally. though I'm no doctor :)

I use Rhinocort - an anti-inflammatory spray. It's supposed to be non-addicting. My understanding is that pure saline sprays are also non-addicting. It is the spray antihistamines that are addicting, such as Afrin.

I agree to a point. if you use any spray often enough & rely on it for clearing the nassel passage then it becomes addicting vs solving the problem for good. though sprays like afrin are a evil type of addiction cuz they work for couple days no problem but then you have to use more to slightly work then its too late cuz it made it worse to a point that it doesnt work anymore.
I live a month of h3ll each allergy season :(

Back