Sam & Oliver's website launch and introductory sale 9/1/2014!

I noticed you were using Word Press and woocommerce. One bad things about all these solutions now is they know people are using them for legit business and almost ALL GOOD plugins cost money. Currently I do not pay for any shipping mods, payment mods or tons of other goodies but now I am building my new site to current versions and everything is at a cost. 

Once you get your money right I am sure you will invest in modules to make your life easier. Trust me I know exactly where you are. :)

I am building my devsite on Joomla and Aceshop and Aceshop is just a fancy UI that overlays OpenCart. 

Best of luck, site does look good!

Yep.  Every time I turn a corner and go "I need to be able to do X, Y, and Z" so people can do it easy and painless, I'm met with $$, $$$ and $$$$.

This month's paycheck can't come quick enough.

Kalitarios said:
Price breaks: I am trying to sell the 3-pack as my top choice for best value, so it will be a deeper cut than the rest because I want to move more of them.

And I get that - because you explained it here. But the average Joe Customer isn't going to understand how you're saving them $5 based on your existing page.  You might as well show "$50 $15" and claim they're saving $35 or 70% or whatever. It comes off as bogus. 

If a 3-pack is your base unit, you aren't saving them anything - that's your base price. And while you want to encourage sales of the 3-packs, that's going to happen on its own, since that's your smallest unit of purchase. It's also a bit backwards - customers should save more per bottle on a case than they do on the 3-pack.  

If your price is (for example) $6.49 a bottle, and $14.95 a 3-pack you can show this: 

1 bottle $6.49
3 bottles $19.47 $14.95
12 bottles (1 CS) 77.88 $57

That makes sense to the consumer. 

But you're coming out with your 3-pack and asserting that this is at a discount. But there's no context for the discount, so to the consumer it sounds like you're pulling #s out of thin air. It's certainly not the standard that the consumer is used to, which is an uphill battle from the getgo. 

If the 3-pack is your base unit, then price it accordingly so that you have room to discount your case. Would suggest a 6-pack too, since it's a big jump to a case from a 3-pack. 

example: 

3 bottles $19.47
6 bottles $38.94 $34.49
12 bottles (1 CS) 77.88 $57

I'm not telling you how to price your products - this is merely for example purposes. Your base unit of sale is establishing the price, and setting the baseline against which all of your "bulk discounts" will be measured by the consumer shopping for your products. 

Hopefully I am making this clear. 

You might also consider spelling out the price per bottle in parenthesis after the price, like this: 

1 bottle $6.49
3 bottles $19.47] $14.95 ($4.98/btl!)
12 bottles (1 CS) 77.88 $57 ($4,75/btl!)
 I wanted it to work with dynamic shipping that would show you your options as you added things to the cart, and let you pick the venue best for you, but it costs more $$$ than I can swing at this point, so USPS fixed rates it is, and any larger orders (like the guy who ordered 10 cases) I had to do by hand and invoice him directly.

That's all stuff for you to figure out, and yes - you'll likely have to pay for it due to the site you opted to develop with (I use Shopify - it cost more up front but I don't pay for the add-on features)...what I'm saying is that it's necessary to tell people to expect to pay shipping before they get to the last screen. 

It can be as simple as a "note: shipping costs will be displayed at checkout" - or in your case since you're not using dynamic shipping, simply list the shipping price on the product page. Either way, at least you're not surprising them with shipping costs at the last second - this can and will cost you sales. Guaranteed. Because if I've gotten that far without a single word about paying for shipping I'm thinking the shipping is free, and then "gotcha!" - close window, do not complete sale. 

I've seen the numbers. I lost dozens of sales on my original website for this exact reason.

I'll have to figure the "add to cart" options in on the home page.  What happens when there is more than one, two or 3 flavors though?  Wouldn't the buyer have to click on products, then choose the flavor anyway?

Edited: I forgot that I took the "add to cart" links off of my front page when I expanded from 4 to 6 products to save space.  But you only have the 1 product. Should be easy to add. 

Down the road I imagine you'll need a solution for mix-and-match options as well. 3-pack of same flavor, mixed 3-pack, etc. You'll have to cross that bridge when you come to it, but I'd highly recommend figuring it out now, because it's going to be just as painful down the road, only with more added urgency. 

Congrats!

Kalitarios said:
 ​
 ​
icon-save-sm.png
 Special Introductory Offer 10% off all non-wholesale products for the first month with priority shipping!
icon-10-percoff.png

So there's a 10% off sale, plus the current bulk discounts listed 15%, 25%, 17%?

I must admit the pricing is confusing as well.

not sure what happened with the pricing.  I straightened it out, still working on a graceful way to insert plus shipping into the display of the products

Back