• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SANARDA'S GLOG UPDATE 9/8/2013

Here is the list so far:

7 pot Jonah (Mgold/Matt pod)
7 pot mystery (Mgold/Matt pod)
7 pot Red (Jamie/Romy pod)
7 pot yellow (Mgold/Matt pod)
Aji Lemon (Romy pod)
Assam (Mgold/Matt pod)
Barrackpore (Pepperlover)
Bhut Giant Red (Matt/Mgold pod)
Bhut Peach (Matt/Mgold pod)
Bhut Chocolate (Matt/Mgold pod)
Bhut Hybrid (Jamie/Romy pod)
Brain Strain Yellow (DVFSTR/Dave pod)
ButchT (Dvfstr/Dave pod) and Mgold's (Pod)
CARDI Scorp Yellow (Jamie/Romy pod)
Choc Hab (PaulG pod) (Romy) (Matt/Mgold)
Datil (Jamie/Romy pod)
Dorset Naga (Jamie/Romy)
Douglah Red (Dfstr/Dave pod)
Douglah Hybrid (Jamie/Romy Pod)
Fatalli x Red Savina (Matt/Mgold pod)
Goats Weed (PaulG pod)
Habanero BLK (Matt/Mgold pod)
Moruga Red (Matt/Mgold pod)
Naga Morich (Matt/Mgold pod)(DVFSTR/Dave pod) (Paul G I think)
Suave Red (NMSU) two seeds
Trinidad Scorp Yellow (Matt/Mgold pod)
Trinidad Perfume (Matt/Mgold pod)
Uba Tuba (NMSU) I only have two seeds
Zavory (Burpee) Two seeds

Seeds yet to purchase:

7 pot infinity
7 pot Primo
7 pot Brown
Barbados
Black Cayman
Black Naga
Black Stinger
Cleo's Dragon
Fish
Malaysian Goronong
Moruga Scorp Yellow
Naga Viper
Red Savina
Safi Red
West Indian Red

Wish list:
Billy Boy Douglah
Sepia Serpent

Spicegeist said:

wow, they look great, but I fear they may not be x Primo, they look so much like Yellow Bhuts.  There was another possibility for the cross, which was another yellow-orange elongated type that was itself a cross.

How do these taste?  Do you detect that bhut-flavor or is it like something else?  Do you think you'll grow out some of these seeds in 2014?
I am going to do a taste test tonight because I ate one a while ago, but I cant remember.  I will definitely grow this in 2014.  This is one terrific plant Spice.  I love it.  Its sooo prolific and such a pretty plant to look at.  I always leave one or two pods on the plant because of the look. 

GA Growhead said:
Pods looking killer Pia! All that hard work and broken knees paid off big!
What's your goto pod atm? Enquiring minds want to know? Lots of tasty choices I see!
Vipers and not cho scorps look like pain donors! Nice texture on the not choc scorps too!
I got sooo lucky this year.  For a while I didn't think I was going to get anything but the one or two ripe pods off of the same couple plants.  Then POWWW! Pods everywhere.  The viper actually has a nice texture also Its shiny so the camera didn't really pic it up.  Melissa sent me the seeds for the Not Chocs and she said they were hella hot.  Want some??

stickman said:
Nice looking pods Pia! I'm glad the weather held off long enough for you to get a decent harvest at the end of the season. How is it down your way? We're getting frost now, but not every night. The Autumn colors are a bit muted here this year, but leaf drop has definitely started. Cheers!
Hey Rick.  We are still holding on here.  No frost yet.  Low 50's for the low.  Low 70's for the highs.  Trees are turning and leaves are falling so that cold is right around the corner im sure.
annie57 said:
Thank you, Pia! They came! And darned if you aren't organized! Thank you soooooooooo much!!!

Upper from left: Black Naga (3), Mystery (3), Yellow fatalii x Red Savina (2), Yellow Bhut x Primo (2).
Middle from left: Hurrikan (think this has to be a cross with hab white bullet but will have fun with it! 3), a not something that looks freaking hot (2), JA Hot Chocs (3), West Indies Hab (2 and pretty!).
Bottom from left: Bubblegum!! YAY!, 3 Naga Morich, Fatalii x Red Savina, some chiltepin variety that's got a nice snack punch!

AnnsGlog10-18SFRBfromPia_zps142d52cc.jpg
Your welcom BOOOO!  The little ones are the Lolita that is a cross Jamison sent me.  Plant is GORGEOUSSSS!

Sanarda said:
I am going to do a taste test tonight because I ate one a while ago, but I cant remember.  I will definitely grow this in 2014.  This is one terrific plant Spice.  I love it.  Its sooo prolific and such a pretty plant to look at.  I always leave one or two pods on the plant because of the look. 

I got sooo lucky this year.  For a while I didn't think I was going to get anything but the one or two ripe pods off of the same couple plants.  Then POWWW! Pods everywhere.  The viper actually has a nice texture also Its shiny so the camera didn't really pic it up.  Melissa sent me the seeds for the Not Chocs and she said they were hella hot.  Want some??

Hey Rick.  We are still holding on here.  No frost yet.  Low 50's for the low.  Low 70's for the highs.  Trees are turning and leaves are falling so that cold is right around the corner im sure.

Your welcom BOOOO!  The little ones are the Lolita that is a cross Jamison sent me.  Plant is GORGEOUSSSS!

Well, then Lolita had fun last night! (I saved some seeds from 2 of her.) Fixed chicken fettuccine alfredo; one of friends said, "Are these hot?" (I had them set out in candy dish :D ) Like these people haven't known me for ever? LP, bassist/keyboardist/guitarist was munching on them and meal (not-there aside from stomach and mouth), but BP, drummer said, "Not. at. all."  Man was drinking lotta water but stayed on my side, and lied. I shredded some in the alfredo. (Well a little of the bhut cross too--big pot.)

Pia, whether a cross or not, Jason and Jeff's were best tasting peach bhuts and crosses, but your yellow, whether crossed or not--think it is because smaller than yellow bhut a touch--grown in-ground, saving seeds from this and may be my go-to ybhut in 2014. :clap:

P.S. Jason's/GA GH, getting ready to burn you up! :fire:
Again, thank you!! Will be reviewing--that gigantic bell pepper looking West Indies has my curiosity.

Jamison said:
Jeez Pia. It's been a while since I checked in, sorry for that! Pods look awesomely perfect! Great job this season.
Loving that Lolita thanks so much for letting me grow it. It's a great snacking pepper and what a gorgeous plant. I for got to isolate though. I feel bad about that.

Bodeen said:
Thank you very much for the box of pepper love.  Could you throw a little Identification my way?

1393549_10200989889459515_208585496_n.jpg
Umm. I'll try. I'm still a newb. The little ones are Jamison's beautiful Lolita, the three lager jabs are what I call not Black Nagas. Looking around the, some Black Nagas look habbish like that so not sure. Then you have what I think is a Choc Hab. It's either that or a Jamaican Hot choc but my money is on Choc Hab. Then you have what I consider to be two true black nagas, yellow brain, 5 yellow bhuts crossed with primo from SpiceGeist , two Fatalli crossed with red Savina, one peach cross, one red West Indie Hab, two Yellow 7's I think, and four Hurrikans from Meatfreak I believe or SpiceGeist. Wheww

Back