• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SANARDA'S GROW LOG. LAST HARVEST MAYBE. AND STEELERNATION!!

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Just cuz you sling guns doesn't mean I won't whoop that ass. Ahhaaaa. And I didnt have any "brains" so I had to stick to Kaopectate. [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :rofl:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background] :rofl: :rofl: ...I'm no fool, I put the coffee down first this time!
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background]

Just a quick taste up date. I picked off one of my unripe Devils tongue. sliced it and simply placed it on my tongue. OMGGGGG I almost died. I will be sending these out. Jaime and Matt are first up. OMG They were so hot. UNRIPE. I want you guys to taste them ripe and tell me what you think. Few weeks I think and they will be ready

Here are some helmet pics for ya

I usually wait 4-6 days before I do any clipping after they pop. When I clip now compared to what I did at first,I try and get a visual on a tiny green line that should appear after I clip. Before I would clip trying not to hit any part of the plant still inside the helmet. I've found as long as I don't take a huge chunk,the green being exposed made it grow a lot better than before. So here are some pics of my experiments(filling 2x,trying create as many problems,and then trying to fix them):

First pic answers the question...What happens if the helmets stay on even after clipping,as you can see two are still on the plants!!
7750493884_34da6df60f_m.jpg

Same

7750498542_9477f39470_m.jpg

Crappy quality,but this one was trying to show the slight green I try to expose
7750495792_99692eec36_m.jpg

I think 3 pics is enough of my boring experiments!!
LOL
Also I don't know as of yet what happens to the plants in the long term

I was also informed Sanarda's GOTZ JOKEZ.....

OHHHHHHH!!!! Sanarda has lots a jokes.......ahahahaaa.. The pics were small I need to see bigger can you post em bigger?????

I would like to see the green line you were talking about

You didn't pick that pod! You knocked it off during your video! Lol

Mine are pretty hot too, I had one with dinner the other night that lit me up perdy good...mine were from seeds supplied by gnslngr. My local nursery was selling some and telling their customers that they were the "worlds hottest pepper" tried to explain that it wasn't and they didn't wanna hear it. I should take them one along with a barrackpore off the plant they sold me and see if they believe me then...or even better a nice big brain!

Seems to take forever for the first one to show color, but once they do it's hard to keep up! You're headed that way Pia!

OHHHHHHH!!!! Sanarda has lots a jokes.......ahahahaaa.. The pics were small I need to see bigger can you post em bigger?????

I would like to see the green line you were talking about

I tried to,but for some reason it didnt save. Which also lowers the quality when you do this btw. I don't own a good camera,so i'll try again. It's hard to see without a bada$$ focus zoom:(

If you can't. No worries. If your on photobucket send me the link or post it here

Matt I can see you right now arguing our point. You're not going to be satisfied till you take them a pod, makem eat it and then walk away with an "I told you so smirk." Please YouTube the moment. Oh and I'm patiently waiting on your next review. Slacker

Growhot gets first dibs. Can't forget Grow

Omg I'm so excited to share my pods. I am about to scream

Fremp I got your pm. I replied my friend

Hey Pia -took an hour , a little bit at a time-but I managed it;)(our bandwidth is split up between umpteen routers etc on this ship..RRRRRRR!) You're gonna have some mean ones pretty soon.

The funny part, ...pausing,letting it load, pausing it...and so on, well when it came to "can you guess what this is?"...I answered out loud a few times :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ..but at least I was right!

I started some late last year as well...and got pods in Feb- one of the benefits of being down south-doesn't always work out that way....now time to slink off the ship and fall into a cold one or 2.. :shh:

Well thanks for toughing it out. I'm glad you enjoyed. Wait till I start doing my pod reviews. I'm sure you will get more than a few chuckles. Needless to say I'm scared shitless. For my mouth and my backside. Romy's pods have me prepared for what is to come.

So Paul, if you just leave the helmet on it will either die or be runted and slow??
If it is left on without clipping, sometimes they manage to push it off. However, if they can't get it off by themselves, then clipping the edge of the helmet can loosen it so they can expand their cotys and push the helmet off. One has to be really careful not to cut off the top of the plant, just the edge of the seed case. You want to cut the seed case without damaging the cotys any more than necessary; can't just cut the whole helmet off.

my first ripe Devils tongue and Jamaican red hot

28E168F1.jpg

A0F42F59.jpg

3B7DC42C.jpg

The Devil's tongue was very similar to a Fatalli in flavor, but it was much much hotter. The skin was thin and as you can see there was hardly any placenta. It was sweet with that good pepper taste. It was hot immediately, but sweet and ohhh so good. The Jamaican red hot had a little sweet to it at first on the tip and tasted a lot like how I would imagine grass to taste. The placenta tasted like sweet bitter grass. It was gross and I won't be growing those again. It just so happens that plant has a lot of peppers on it so I am probably powder it or sauce it. Cant imagine what the sauce would taste like. I have to think of what to put it with in a sauce. I could also be that It was still to unripe. I let the other one that was turning stay on the plant to see how dark red they get.

Nice to see some ripe poddage Pia. That devils look very oiley. I bet it is very tasty. Wait till you eat you eat your first Douglah. Then you know it can't get much hotter than that.

It wasn't as bad as I thought It was going to be. I was expecting to hurl once or twice. Surprisingly there was some odor but it wasn't really strong and when I added the water it smelled a little like regular fish instead of rotten fish. But yea, I agree. The things we do for our plants.. SMH... :crazy: :sick:

You really have it going on there, Pia!
Those pods look great. Isn't it fun to have some turning
ripe, now? Nice fish tea, too. The plants will probably just
grab the bucket and pour it all over themselves ;)

It sure is Paul. I cannot wait till I can start sending some out. I really hope the fish tea helps with pod production because I only have a few pods on each plant. But I will send them all out. People have been so generous to me its incredible. Its funny because the bucket was sitting near the plants this whole time and when I filled it with water I realized It was leaking. So I ran the bucket to the plants and placed it next to my Congo that has no pods. I went back about 15 minutes later and the bucket was empty. ahahahahaaa :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back