• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
i hope all turns out well for you and your family members. today my daughter took my 14 year old granddaughter for a doctor`s appointment. she did a video office visit 2 weeks ago and was diagnosed with a streptococcus infection. she doesn't like strangers poking and prodding her but he must have saw some symptom and sent them to the hospital for a covid test. my daughter told us they had people hold down her arms, legs and held her head still while they took the deep nasal swabs. results in 2 days. i took food over to their house today cause she loves nana`s cooking.  :cheers:
my granddaughter`s test results came back as negative. TB, i hope all is well with you and your family. stay safe everybody!

texas blues said:

80/20 ground beef.

Salt.

Pepper.

Powdered milk.

Habanero mango sauce

Pizza joint style chile flakes.

Sometimes I crack an egg.

But not this time.

Oven roasted and then threw em in the sauce.
that`s the way to do it. in the oven to brown them and then into the sauce. 

Dear sweet ma.

Wants me to come over manana and we make Cuban sammichs.

So she and I went to HEB today.

We got all the stuff.

I woulda' got a pork butt.

But there's only ma, Ken and I.

So I got some pork tenderloin.

I was hip on some Goya Mojo Criolla for a marinade.

But HEB was sold out.

Texans love them some Goya products!

So kosher salt.

Fresh cracked pepper.

Heaps of garlic powder.

And Szeged Hungarian Hot paprika.

Roasted at 325f for a coupla' hours.

IMG_2510.JPG

Done and outstanding.

But y'all are gonna' have to wait.

For the finished 'bidness manana.

Even dear sweet ma said.

She'll be takin' pitchers.

Have mercy!

And as always.

Love the one you're with.

Re: Cuban.

Went to mas casa for cubans.

Disaster strikes.

Sister shows up with the grandkids.

Spawn of satan they are.

Got no pics of cubans.

:mope:

Just yesterday I hosted a party my casa. I have a commercial grande planch for my Cubans long story made 67 Cubanos for my guests. Started Friday night with the cooking and sclicing of the pork roast and the ham picnic. The bread was purchased at a local bakery. You Cuban sandwiches is all about the bread. BTW, what bread do you use, may suggest you find bakery called Los Cidrnes. It's Puerto Rican bread company that now has openings in Texas. The bread wil knock it out of the park.

Elpicante said:
Just yesterday I hosted a party my casa. I have a commercial grande planch for my Cubans long story made 67 Cubanos for my guests. Started Friday night with the cooking and sclicing of the pork roast and the ham picnic. The bread was purchased at a local bakery. You Cuban sandwiches is all about the bread. BTW, what bread do you use, may suggest you find bakery called Los Cidrnes. It's Puerto Rican bread company that now has openings in Texas. The bread wil knock it out of the park.
what no pics?

Back