SCHLITZ IS BACK

da eyes have it....

149531-lg.jpg

chilehunter said:
then lets have ya video tape yourself eating some eyes & post it on THP. I'm sure we'd all love to see it. if ya want you can poke it with a toothpick & dip it in some hot sauce to eat'em :lol:

Why is this so hard to believe? I even got my boss to eat them at his latest BBQ.

My buddy's grandmother doesn't waste anything off a pig. She doesn't throw away a thing from the animal. So i can easily believe eating the eyes part.

imaguitargod said:
Why is this so hard to believe? I even got my boss to eat them at his latest BBQ.

its not hard to believe, it just would be fun to see. make up some eye poppers (but make'em so you can still see that they're eyes!) TB will crown you as popper king :lol:

you make it sound like you cook eyes at least a couple times a year. join in the THP throwdown for comfort food - main dish pig or cow eyes, side dish #1 fish eyes, side dish #2 ? lamb fries ? :lol:
or at least make 1 eye meal & post it in "last spicy meal"...we can get a poll going on this LOL

chilehunter said:
its not hard to believe, it just would be fun to see. make up some eye poppers (but make'em so you can still see that they're eyes!) TB will crown you as popper king :lol:

you make it sound like you cook eyes at least a couple times a year. join in the THP throwdown for comfort food - main dish pig or cow eyes, side dish #1 fish eyes, side dish #2 ? lamb fries ? :lol:
or at least make 1 eye meal & post it in "last spicy meal"...we can get a poll going on this LOL

Eyeballs fried, in poppers, baked, smoked or electrocuted will only earn......

A BIG FAT FAIL!

Eat a whole fish Thai style and you'll get to eat some eyes.

chilehunter said:

While I've had them many times, I don't go out of my way to cook them. It's usually at BBQ parties when they are smoking the whole pig, or grilling up fish. For the fish, just suck the eye out. For Pigs, use a spoon. But ALWAYS spit out the iris, things like a small marbel.

imaguitargod said:
While I've had them many times, I don't go out of my way to cook them. It's usually at BBQ parties when they are smoking the whole pig, or grilling up fish. For the fish, just suck the eye out. For Pigs, use a spoon. But ALWAYS spit out the iris, things like a small marbel.
It really didn't taste as well as he is letting on. If you want Eye to taste good you can't smoke the thing all day with the rest of the animal.

HHandF said:
It really didn't taste as well as he is letting on. If you want Eye to taste good you can't smoke the thing all day with the rest of the animal.

I'd have to be mighty hungry to finish everything edible ahead of the eyeballs to worry about how they were prepared....:P

HHandF said:

Well, you did eat the iris which I cautioned you about..... :crazy: :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:
Eat a whole fish Thai style and you'll get to eat some eyes.

I dont know if this was directed towards me.
if so then, I DONT eat eyes,brains, most organs & a big fat hell no to any reproductive organ!
though its fun watching others eat that stuff :lol:

Back