SCHLITZ IS BACK

I haven't seen Schlitz for a long long time. I went to the corner beer store a lil bit ago and he is stocked to the gills with Schlitz beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta be kiddin me LMAO/....

the guy that owns the store is cool as hell..is is mid eastern...not too sure where hes from...but he's very cool....and we were joking about it...I told him "First you say it.....Next you drink it......then yuou do it.....Schlitz Beer" That guy laughed so hard he was crying.....yelling Schlitz beer you drink then you doit....You get the Schlitz....He went on for nearly 10 minuites.....Schlitz.....hahahahahahahhahahahhazhahahahahhahhah

Man I haven't had that in MANY years. Might have to get some so I can put 'em in the Drunken Chef pics...

Stroh's bought the company in '82 and then in 1999 sold it to Pabst. Supposedly brewed out of Wisconsin once again. Same 50's recipe and back in brown bottles!! The one brewhaha I miss is Lone Star. I had one a few years back and it was crap. Not like back in the 70's. Gimme' a ice cold longneck in summertime.

Salute', TB.

We have Shiner Bock right here in Vegas! Other beers i miss are JAX from New Orleans, Rainier from Seattle of course and one called "33" from Singapore. All good session beers but great lawnmower beers.

Salute', TB.

Schlitz! Holy crap, I haven't seen that for a good 20 years. I used to love the stuff. 33 is still around but it ain't that easy to get hold of here. Is Colt.45 still about?

Yeh...I miss the Rainer Ale in the green tins...That stuff'll knock ya on yer ass.

rainier506.jpg

But, of course we still have regular Rainier still here though.

rainier506d.jpg

Also, SlitsMaltLikker, Bohemian, Old English, Mickeys, Miller High Life (not mgd), PBR, lots of 'em oldies.

Props to this site: http://www.beercankorner.com/new.html

They have about any beer can ya ever thought about.

I did a double take a few months back when I was in my hometown for a visit and saw Shlitz in cans on the shelves. I bought everything they had cold before I left to come back to the mountains! Not a bad session/lawnmower at all. Right up there with PBR in terms of taste/dollar ratio.

Schlitz has been back. I was drinking that pisswater for a long time when i was super poor 6 plus years ago. It used to be about $5.50 a twelver here a few years ago, hence my drinking the shit out of it. I always thought PBR was a WAY better tasting beer(although it is way overpriced to me). Schlitz was pretty harsh to me.

Now if i could only get Schaefer to come back i'd be thrilled. Or even some Rheingold(which did come back for a bit then went belly up again).

Sickmont said:
Now if i could only get Schaefer to come back i'd be thrilled.

God that takes me back. It was always the cheapest of the cheap and pure pisswater. I probably drank gallons and gallons.

Remember their slogan?

"Schaefer. The one beer to have when you're having more than one."

chuk hell said:
God that takes me back. It was always the cheapest of the cheap and pure pisswater. I probably drank gallons and gallons.

Remember their slogan?

"Schaefer. The one beer to have when you're having more than one."

How could i not? My entire childhood was spent watching my old man and his union buddies drink the stuff by the truckload.

Schlitz was the first beer I ever tasted at about age 8. It was warm, smelled terrible, and tasted.......yuck (to an 8 yo)....

When I got legal, I drank a lot of Jax...anyone else remember Jax Beer out of New Orleans?

jaxbeer.jpg

Sickmont said:
Schlitz has been back. I was drinking that pisswater for a long time when i was super poor 6 plus years ago. It used to be about $5.50 a twelver here a few years ago, hence my drinking the shit out of it.

We use to sell it for 30¢ a can in college ('70s). And that was for the Tall Boys. Little Kings was 25¢ a bottle. We were bootleggers at Morehead St. in KY and normally sold 40 cases a week (20 of each). The year the Reds won the World Serious we went through 60 cases!

Mike

Even crappy beer makes us wax nostalgic.....LOL!!

good times.....good times!

Then again, a bad beer is better than no beer at all!;)

Back