Scorpion and 7-Pot seeds needed. 45 of each.

I'm putting an outdoor hydroponic system together for this coming spring. I want to put my plants into it in May. I'll have 288 plants.

Here's the problem. I want to grow 36 plants of each type of pepper.

I have seeds from NMSU for the Bhut Jolokia's. I have seeds for everything else except the 7-Pot and Scorpion's. I have enough plants of each to get maybe 15 of each going, but that's not good enough to do what I need to do.

I need 45 seeds for each to ensure enough plants to make my 36 per.

If someone has these seeds and would like to sell them to me, please PM me and let me know.

Thanks to all,

Nat.

Patience my friend....

AlabamaJack said:
Patience my friend....
hehe, I feel like one of those two buzzards sitting in a tree saying:

"Patience my ass, I wanna kill something"

I'm worrying about having all my plants ready by May. So much to do.

TheJollyRancher said:
Maybe try a few different kinds or more of one than another? Just a thought...
My plan involves having 36 plants of each type. All are going to be superhots. 8 types.

In past threads, I've covered

1. Beginners information and guides to data.
2. Survey on what was considered the hottest peppers in the world.
3. Specific growing information relative to type.
4. Specific problems with various types.

It was all an effort to arrive at this point in the process. I'll have 17 days off over the Xmas shutdown of my work-place, and I'll be constructing the prototype system in my front yard during that time.

8 units.
3 NFT tubes in each unit.
12 plants in each tube.
Combo NFT/Drip Hydroponics.
30 x 40 foot area.
1/2" mesh enclosure w/access door.
Covered by clear roofing panels.
Mister system to cool during the hot months.

I have until May to grow the 288 plant seedlings that will fill it.

I didn't want to skip any of the types I have planned.

Well, there you have it. Nat's pepper project.

If this works the way I think it will, it should produce a hell of a lot of peppers.

Then it'll be sauce time. Pickling time. Fermenting mash time. Canning time.

talas said:
Nat you need any Dorset/Morich ? :lol:
Thanks, but no, talas. I'll be having 36 Bhut Jolokia plants and from what I've read, the Dorsets are very similar in heat and flavor to them. Is this correct? The ones I know I'll have so far are:

1. Bhut Jolokia
2. Red Savina
3. Yellow Datil
4. Chocolate Hab
5. Trinidad 7-Pot
6. Trinidad Scorpion
7. Yellow Fatalii
8. (Undecided)

I'm collecting suggestions on what the last one should be. I only want the very hottest in the world, and looking for different flavors.

Like I said, it'll be 36 of each pepper plant. The system I'm building has 36 plant locations in each "set". A total in 2009 of 288 plants.

I'm wondering if the taste and heat of the 7-Pot and Scorpion are too similar to be really unique. What do you think? I'm going to have the 7-Pot, but I could replace the Scorpion if this is the case.

No the 7pot/Scorpion taste differnt and are worth the top of your list,Red savina is a real let down heat wise(nice taste) but compared to choclate/burkina/francisscaand a lot more habs not that hot,then thers the pubescens Rocoto canario/Orange are fantastic for heat and taste as is red pepper for hell,then there The Goat pepper which wickedly hot,Devils tongue also slightly differnt taste to fatalii and lots and lots of heat ;)

talas said:
The Goat pepper which wickedly hot...
Thanks for the information on the Trinidads. I'll keep them both on the list.

Who do you know that has the "Goat pepper" seeds for sale now? I found several that listed different names with "Goat" in them. I want to make sure I know which one you're speaking of.

NatGreenMeds said:
Thanks for the information on the Trinidads. I'll keep them both on the list.

Who do you know that has the "Goat pepper" seeds for sale now? I found several that listed different names with "Goat" in them. I want to make sure I know which one you're speaking of.

Most of the goat peppers will be billy goat..

http://www.thechileman.org/results....t&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&submit=Search

the real deal.....grown in Hatai and the bahamas..

http://www.thechileman.org/results....ny&origin=Any&genus=Any&chile=1&submit=Search

NatGreenMeds said:
Where do I find seeds for this one?

2978491301_d6f4d69637_o.png

I know someone that somehow smuggled some in for me, BUT my plant died due to frost this year. I'll be growing the little amount I have next year and will have some to share. Now, that I think about, lots of "smuggling" occurs. lol.

Chris

NatGreenMeds said:
Where do I find seeds for this one?

Some more country's are going to tighten there rules in the near future,So smuggling may get more prevalent chris :D

talas said:
Some more country's are going to tighten there rules in the near future,So smuggling may get more prevalent chris :)

When peppers are made illegal, only outlaws will have peppers!

NatGreenMeds said:
I won't be able to get them into this coming years crop, but I'll sure keep them in mind for the following year. I have to deal with "sure things" this coming year.

Gotcha.

Back