• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Scorpion Bay Chocopotle

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Product Reviewed:
Scorpion Bay Hot Sauce - Chocopotle
Company:
Wanderlust Gourmet Foods, LLC
www.scorpionbayhotsauce.com
TheHotPepper Member:
Scorpion Bay Hot Sauce
Listed Ingredients:
Tomatoes, water, apple cider vinegar, jalapeno peppers, chipotle chilies, red onions, brown sugar, serrano peppers, cocoa powder, garlic, kosher salt, canola oil, Mexican oregano, orange juice, lime juice, xanthan gum, spices.
Label/Packaging:
Store-shelf quality.
Heat Index:

This has been in my fridge for awhile now, I've been using it on many things. My favorite use is as a steak sauce. It wasn't one of the suggested uses, but man, you gotta try it. It's everything a good steak sauce should be. Dark, sweet, and hot, with complex robust flavors. The heat lingers, and there is a sweet cocoa-y aftertaste. It's not super smooth, there's little bits of peppers, onions, and garlic. Great on steak!

Check out the pix of a Cuban bistec sandwich with Chocopotle.

Attachments

• chocopotlesteak.jpg
    chocopotlesteak.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 310
  • chocopotlesteak2.jpg
    chocopotlesteak2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 312
hot pepper you got my :drooling: runnig again..the cuban sanwich looks fantatic..as for the sauce,been looking for a decent sweet tasting fillet/steak sauce looks like spending again..thx for the review:)

talas said:
hot pepper you got my :drooling: runnig again..the cuban sanwich looks fantatic..as for the sauce,been looking for a decent sweet tasting fillet/steak sauce looks like spending again..thx for the review:)
It is super in mac n cheese with ground beef

As good as it may have been the link no longer works so I won't be able to try it. Too bad, because I love chipotle sauces and i'm on the hot to try new chipotle sauces every chance I can get.

Anyone else have a favorite they can suggest?

As far as I know this company went out of business.

a sweet chipotle?? I'm gonna have to get a couple of bottles. I love "Magic" sauce, but most think it's too sweet..

Rob, the company's owner, sorta dropped out of sight (or offline, at least) shortly before his company lost any visibility on the Internet. It's a shame, really, because we really liked all his sauces quite a bit and they had received some national notice.

This is indeed a damn good sauce. If you find any bottles, be sure to pick them up.

- Joe

Thought I would let everyone know that the link works again. I don't know if its the same owner or not but the company is still there.

Back