• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Scorpions ancestors of jolokias?

Can be that the family jolokia, have an has ancestor near the Trinidad scorpion,recently in my old plant of joloquia,appeared some fruits very similar to the scorpions, the posibility of which it is a hybrid is remote, because the original seeds were pure and I do not even have adult scorpions.

Can be some recessive genes? and these was activated, whith the climatic conditions (caribbean) similar werw grow the scorpions?

Imagen084.jpg

I don't know man, but that pepper on the bottom left looks amazing. Those are more like horns than pimples. Beautiful picture man.

Nope don't agree there no where you coming from,i think its the other way around the scorpion and 7pot are hybrids,and the people of trinidad and tobago,a large group are from india(east) and the most common sense approach and speaking to someone from there he agrees that as far as he can remember that his ancestors bought there own food stuffs back to Trinidad over time and where cultivated maybe for a 100 years or so,this common practice for anybody who enjoys there own national dish to take it with them,The
Dorset naga/Naga Morich was grown in britan for many years without Knowledge of anyone and then discovered..cough...a few years ago :shocked:

I think that the climatic conditions ... create a different development of the plant

for example

same plant

old fruit

2995052261_21ea521ff1.jpg

new fruit

2995052273_0a80e0ba36.jpg

2995052281_aa4ee3aa8a.jpg

Ya know most Chinense's and chile's for that matter originated from the Caribbean region, so I'm for the Naga's and Bhut's being a distant hybrid cousin to the Scorps and 7 Pots. Also scientists have found C.Frutescens genes in the Naga's and Bhut's, wich I thought to be a highly popular family of peppers in India? Climate might also be a big cause in different pod, shape, size and heat.

megamastger71 said:
I think that the climatic conditions ... create a different development of the plant

for example

same plant

old fruit

2995052261_21ea521ff1.jpg

new fruit

2995052273_0a80e0ba36.jpg

2995052281_aa4ee3aa8a.jpg

You make a very good and valid point my friend,Climate condtions do make a huge difference sometimes :shocked:

Back