• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Seasoning for a brown hot sauce

Got some Naglahs and a couple brown bhuts. Might have more bhuts later if the plants survive.

Im tossing around the idea of adding Pickapeppa original to it. Always wished they offered it with just more heat and no additional flavors added.

Red cane vinegar
Some brown HOT peppas
Shallots or onion
Pickapeppa

Got good molasses and raw brown sugar.....sounds sorta good too
Found some black garlic on Amazon.....will include it when i order again. Ive been wanting it anyway after tasting the Burns & McCoy sauce. https://www.amazon.com/SOULMATE-Organic-Fermented-NON-GMO-California/dp/B07PKQLHWK

I got enough browns for a couple test batches. The Naglah Browns were not as hot as i imagined but they are plenty hot. My brown bhuts look like they will pull through the hornworm attack and i got a ton of green pods on the 5 plants. Those might be pretty brutal

Got the Soulmate pealed black garlic and it looks great. Looks like i gotta make a special trip for the Pickapeppa and pay the high price or wait till i go to Global Foods again to get it much cheaper.

BTW i got some maple vinegar that is just killer. Got a hell of a mother in it too.

Back