Seed companies

After scanning site of all the interesting varieties that are being grown some have sparked my interest. Trouble is I haven't bought speciality seeds in some time. What recommend seed suppliers cover an overall stock for say, rocotillo, mulato, trinidad perfume, bishop crown. Looking for a one stop shop with a good track record. just asking, thanks.

Wimpy69 said:
As in seed savers exchange?

Yes indeed.  They aren't great for a wide variety of peppers, but they're good at most things and every single seed I've ordered from them going on ten years has grown true.  For peppers only the three other vendors I listed are great resources and will have most any/every thing you're looking for. :) 

Welcome to THP by the way wimpy.  :)

I have good experiences with "pepperlover" and "semillas"

Pepperlover: Lots of seeds, very fast shipping and some extra seeds.

Semillas: Very good germination rate, fast shipping too and very low costs.

Used sse 15+ years ago for some tomatoes that me and my dad still grow and seed harvest. Thanks to all. Several names overlap here, so I have some homework tonight. Thanks again.

SmokenFire said:
I have ordered from and can vouch for the following companies:

Pepperlover

Buckeye pepper co

midwestchile heads

seed savers 

My experience with each has been excellent.  
My pepperlover seedlings popped today and the seedlings look beautiful.

Tradewindsfruits has a huge selection of peppers and so far they look great (haven't tried any yet to test heat and flavor but they seem very legit), however if they have the same pepper at pepperlover I would recommend getting it there since they seem to put a lot more care into each pepper strain they sell (breeding collecting etc).  Now like I said I dont' know who has superior end product, but if I were to gamble i'd bet on pepperlover having the better end fruit compared to Tradewindsfruit, however Tradewindsfruit is proving to be very very legit for stuff you can't find elsewhere.

Tardis said:
My pepperlover seedlings popped today and the seedlings look beautiful.

Tradewindsfruits has a huge selection of peppers and so far they look great (haven't tried any yet to test heat and flavor but they seem very legit), however if they have the same pepper at pepperlover I would recommend getting it there since they seem to put a lot more care into each pepper strain they sell (breeding collecting etc).  Now like I said I dont' know who has superior end product, but if I were to gamble i'd bet on pepperlover having the better end fruit compared to Tradewindsfruit, however Tradewindsfruit is proving to be very very legit for stuff you can't find elsewhere.
I have used Tradewind Fruits the last couple of years now.  They have a great selection of hard to find varieties and everything I have grown from them has grown true. 

PepperHawk said:
I have used Tradewind Fruits the last couple of years now.  They have a great selection of hard to find varieties and everything I have grown from them has grown true. 
So far me too (tho other than early tasting I haven't actually eaten a ripe fruit yet, the plants look great and are true).  However I honestly don't like promoting them since they (A) Don't focus on Peppers alone, and (B) Seem to steal other peoples work instead of developing their own pepper crosses.  That being said I don't regret buying from them, but as i've kept an eye on the people who really do put their heart into peppers and crosses i'm going to buy my seeds from people like pepperlovers in the future (unless they don't have a strain i'm looking for).  I see Pepperlovers as Walmart and Pepperlovers as a mom and pop shop who sell superior products.

So most of what i'm looking for can be ordered from one company. Tomato Growers. Any thoughts. Would just like to have one order and be done with it.???

I have personally used and had great success with: The Hippie Seed Company, Pepperlover, Whatcom seed company and Park Seed company. The last two had good seeds but limited options. THSC & Pepperlover had much better selection for seed options.

Terrible luck with pepperlover. Both with seeds and customer service.

Great experience with Buckeye Pepper, Puckerbutt, Pepper Joe, Hot Toddy Pepper, Refining Fire Chilies...

Back