Seed scammer alert - Do not send to Wylie Texas address

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Person claiming to be new teenage grower with multiple accounts (Bloomberg, Aravind123, WhiteDevil) and ages (stated as 14, 18, etc.) sends PMs and asks for rarer seeds to help out young grower.

Indian name and/or email.

Shipping address is in Wylie, TX 75098. If you receive this request, please report. This is a scam for free seeds for possible sale, or just for free.

This person also joins in discussions of hybrids. Please beware. Thanks.

with different wording I wouldn't of thought twice about sending seeds. But  

"Are you still growing the Aji Painapple if so Id love to have one."

fake account #2 "I happen to grow some Lemon Drop x Habanero hybrids. I'm wondering about the effects on the Painapple and the hybrid. So would you mind sending some seeds to"

fake account #3 " Hello, I am really sorry for doing this but I am Bloomberg. Yes I made another account but I changed. You're an amazing person, your plants and hybrids are amazing. I'm trying to be like you. So please don't eat me out, can you send me any interspecific seeds to my address. Again I'm sorry."

along with other attempts.

tact goes a long way. .

D3monic said:
with different wording I wouldn't of thought twice about sending seeds. But  

"Are you still growing the Aji Painapple if so Id love to have one."

fake account #2 "I happen to grow some Lemon Drop x Habanero hybrids. I'm wondering about the effects on the Painapple and the hybrid. So would you mind sending some seeds to"

fake account #3 " Hello, I am really sorry for doing this but I am Bloomberg. Yes I made another account but I changed. You're an amazing person, your plants and hybrids are amazing. I'm trying to be like you. So please don't eat me out, can you send me any interspecific seeds to my address. Again I'm sorry."

along with other attempts.

tact goes a long way. .
That's more red flags than a Russian parade. Haha

D3monic said:
has made me suspicious of every new member now.....  :mope:

Yea but on the bright side all your hard work is starting to be recognized. And by many more cool people than scammers.

You are a known and skilled breeder, of course there will be scammers. Imagine how many scammers have tried to get at Judy's seeds.

Just keep up your humbleness and great work, Mike  :cheers:

This sounds really familiar but too long ago to remember.  Last year, same sort of story.  Seemed like nice kid. I got a soft spot for kids with hobbies because the government essentially wont let a kid work these days.  I grew up with a dirt bike in the summer, snow mobile in the winter, and then beat up old dodge when I could drive because the laws were less lax in those days.  Anyone else detastle corn in the summer as a kid?

I sent him a bunch of stuff to encourage him.  Maybe he thinks that others or myself would not do it again?

AJ Drew said:
This sounds really familiar but too long ago to remember.  Last year, same sort of story.  Seemed like nice kid. I got a soft spot for kids with hobbies because the government essentially wont let a kid work these days.  I grew up with a dirt bike in the summer, snow mobile in the winter, and then beat up old dodge when I could drive because the laws were less lax in those days.  Anyone else detastle corn in the summer as a kid?

I sent him a bunch of stuff to encourage him.  Maybe he thinks that others or myself would not do it again?

Often these clowns are actually adults disguised as a "inspired youngster" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back