Seeds said 7 pot Jonah, but these leaves look different don't they?

Been meaning to make this thread for a  week or so now.  I got these seeds in a trade and the bag was marked 7 pot
Jonah but the leaves don't look like what I pulled up on google.  Thoughts?

58htFN4.jpg

bJsk6Lb.jpg

Not a hot pepper.  It looks like a passionfruit perhaps.  Definitely looks like it will be a climber.

Passionfruit Leaves

The seed would have been rounder than most capsicum seeds, black and, in my experience, take up to 6 months to germinate.

I didn't sow any passion fruit and those seeds are black and nothing like pepper seed

just googled passion fruit leaves and while they are 3 prong these are clearly different.  Hmm

how hilarious would that be growing passion fruit from using MG seed starting soil lol

PepperLover said:
that's not even a pepper plant
I knew it wasn't 7 pot jonah anyways.  Was kind of hoping it would be a different type from a different family.  There had to be seed in the seed starting soil then.  I think I will grow this thing out anyways to see what comes of it. 

Not a pepper in my (limited) experience. That said, if it is a passionfruit, those things are delicious! Fresh off the vine they're outstanding. 

Browning,

I can make you a sweet deal on a rice paddy in SW Arizona!  PM me if you're interested (and keep this offer on the QT, I wouldn't do this for just anybody).

MeatHead1313 said:
Not a pepper in my (limited) experience. That said, if it is a passionfruit, those things are delicious! Fresh off the vine they're outstanding. 
we will find out soon enough.  The pepper seed I sowed must not have germinated and this must have been in the soil mix.  I honestly hoped seed got mixed and it would be from a different family of pepper.  I'm not new to gardening but to peppers I am.  I am extremely cautios when starting seed so no way I mixed anything up.  Clearly these are pepper seed so the contaminated starting soil must be it.

Ud4LDkh.jpg

Have to admit this is pretty hilarous lol
cone9 said:
Browning,

I can make you a sweet deal on a rice paddy in SW Arizona!  PM me if you're interested (and keep this offer on the QT, I wouldn't do this for just anybody).
lol

ajijoe said:
if it was mis-stored before bagging then yes and thats a good possibility
Interesting. I bought it where I always get it at, walmart.   I am going to let this guy live.  I had thoughts it could be poson ivy but I believe it looks a tad different.  Curious to find out what it is for sure. 

Browning said:
Interesting. I bought it where I always get it at, walmart.   I am going to let this guy live.  I had thoughts it could be poson ivy but I believe it looks a tad different.  Curious to find out what it is for sure. 
couldnt hurt

The Nibbler said:
The MG gods brought you two together....that's fate dude! I say let that little guy grow!
LOL good one :)
lady on another site says her passion vine seedlings look almost exactly like it.  Going to post photos tomorrow

Several NON pepper seeds look like pepper seeds.
Jerusalem Cherry for one,your plant doesn't look like the cherry though.
Passion fruit seeds are black as posted above.

BUT that plant looks like a weed I get in my pots every so often.
Can't remember it's name.

Yea I know what passion fruit seed looks like.  There's a bg difference in those and pepper seed. 

Browning said:
I didn't sow any passion fruit and those seeds are black and nothing like pepper seed

just googled passion fruit leaves and while they are 3 prong these are clearly different.  Hmm

how hilarious would that be growing passion fruit from using MG seed starting soil

There are a few different passionfruit, how is your seedling different? I could be wrong but I have just grown one from seed and this looks almost identical.  I have 3 passionfuit plants here ranging from seedling to huge if you want photos for your confirmation.   A passion fruit seed might survive composting, they are very hard and take months to germinate, I had to use scarification techniques to get mine to pop.

Robisburning said:

There are a few different passionfruit, how is your seedling different? I could be wrong but I have just grown one from seed and this looks almost identical.  I have 3 passionfuit plants here ranging from seedling to huge if you want photos for your confirmation.   A passion fruit seed might survive composting, they are very hard and take months to germinate, I had to use scarification techniques to get mine to pop.
Just going by what I found on google none look identical.  I really don't know much about them other than what the seed and flower  looks like.

Back