• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Seeds that I have recieved

From a trade,They were from the original plant I believe and before I grew the seeds I was wondering if they would be the same as what the mother plant was since they were a hybrid.
I assume they were stable since I got slightly different looking jalapeno looking pods that were really corked and thick fleshed when cut open.
They were hab. hot or close to it and had a taste all their own.An interesting pepper.
I think I still have seeds from my isolated pods-not possitive.
I have buds on the plant now but don't know what they will grow.I haven't tried them yet.
I also don't know which plant the original seeds came from if it reverts back to it's originsHab. or Jalapeno or if the seeds will be steril.
I think I send mjdtexan the seeds I had from the original trade.Not positive though.
I think the original cross came from Web of hair.It was a while back if I remember right.

Others have written about the Jalapeno/Habanero cross, and I think it would be a pretty cool pepper to grow. I tried crossing Pequins with Bhut Jolokias, 7Pots and Espellettes this past summer. I got pods, but I am not sure if the cross pollination actually took. Pequin flowers are so small, they are difficult to work with, and I swear they start shedding their pollen before the friggin flowers even open. I'll probably try again this year, but use pequin pollen to pollinate the others.

Back