misc Sendin out samples

:D

Yes, I am once again asking advice of the experts. I have sent out a LOT of hot sauce samples to stores (both On-line and physical) in the last month. I have heard back from one who is interested in carry my products. My question is, do I send follow up letters to the others and risk annoying them, or curb my impatience and wait to hear from them?

If they don't want to carry my products I would like feedback on the reason why so I can possible rectify the problem ie: price too high, packaging not eye catching etc.

Anyway any thoughts on the subject - I would value the advice

follow up calls never hurt, a lot of times I've found that they have not opened the package yet or the wrong person did, 99% of the time I do a follow up call the potential cust says thanks for the follow up. I think they get annoyed if you call back after they say no. Another thing you can do is leave the paper work out of box , then call the customer and ask for there fax # and explain your mistake, this way they get to know you a little bit, of course some will say, what a dumb ass. Rule # 1 never call during lunch Hour.

The Right Guy

kato said:
Our feeling on sending samples they are needed.

You may send out a lot with a small return but the chance your sample reachs the right person can really pay off.

You need to deal directly with the distributors, Peppers, Hot Shots, etc. and bypass the smaller local hot shops who won't buy enough volume to matter.

Mick
Kato's

I have requests for 3 order forms so far from the samples you sent me!!!:hell: When you guys send me samples...you will get buyers...I even have one local supermarket owner interested in adding a couple brands to his shelves...I have given him samples from Kato and Danny Cash and he is going to let me know...I don't just review...I try to help too:hell:

Back