Serranos...

How many peppers does the average Serrano pepper plant yield?

This variety is on my growing list for 2009 and curious as to how many plants I'll need. Already bought the seeds:lol:.

Serrano peppers yeild hundreds of peppers per plant. The plants are tall and fuzzy looking and originate from some high mountain plain. They are very pretty plants that looks as good as the peppers are to eat. I'd use along side jalapenos just smaller.

My first year growing and my serrano will yield about 150 pods from one plant. I am really excited because right now it is my favorite pepper and I munch on them just for snacks. Good luck with them.

Great,Great pepper and growing Serrano and Serrano Tampiquino both great producers and i prefer them to Jalas Great producers,If you live in a cooler climb,start them as early as you can in the growing year :)

if you want a Serrano heat, don't grow Serrano del Sols...they have about half the heat of a Jalapeno and I am disappointed with them...the taste is great but the heat just doesn't do it for me in my pico de gallo

AlabamaJack said:
if you want a Serrano heat, don't grow Serrano del Sols...they have about half the heat of a Jalapeno and I am disappointed with them...the taste is great but the heat just doesn't do it for me in my pico de gallo

I was actually thinking about growing the Del Sols but instead picked-up the generic "Serrrano" variety offered by Tomato Growers. Hopefully they are of a nice medium/medium hot heat. I believe that chiliman.org lists the generic Serrano variety as ranging between 5K and 23K SHUs. Gonna be a while till I find out though:(

Pete

Ive been growing 4 serranos and they ar egreat.I bet i`ve pulled at least 100 per plant and have 4.I`ve kept seeds next year .If you don`t want to be praying when you bite they are good to go.

Are was thinking of growing some Del Sol next year,Think ill leave it now and just over winter my two plants..Cheers A.J :)

My friend picked up some generic serranos from wally world that just happened to be seriously hot so he harvested the seeds and grew a couple of plants out of them, and the fruit from those plants are just as hot.

Sickmont said:
My friend picked up some generic serranos from wally world that just happened to be seriously hot so he harvested the seeds and grew a couple of plants out of them, and the fruit from those plants are just as hot.

funny you should say that SM...my best serranos are WalMart brand seeds and are producing like mad with great heat...

AlabamaJack said:
funny you should say that SM...my best serranos are WalMart brand seeds and are producing like mad with great heat...

Yeah, we were pleasantly was surprised at how stout those things were. I guess coming from walmart i just wasn't expecting them to be so hot.

Back