food Setting sail towards Tiradito & Ceviche

Am I brewing pisco, or buying it? ... Porton? ...

Nevermind, it's distilled ...

Pisco is frequently drunk neat, even without ice, with some commenting that it is sacrilege to drink it any other way. However, venture into Peru and you will find “Pisco Sour” as the top of nearly every cocktail list. Pisco Sour is a combination of Pisco, lime juice, egg white, sugar syrup and bitters and is famous for being Peru’s national cocktail.  Another cocktail, though not as prevalent or popular but certainly more favourable to this author, is the Serena Libre which is sweeter than the Pisco Sour.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453772023.832287.jpg

tequila from a bowl, once more ... everything is cyclical ...

many Gainesville stories began that way (goldfish bowls of cuervo) a few decades ago ...

Ceviche de Langostinos con Chicharron de Calamar.

Slice your onions thin, and prep them in cold water with salt. Dice 3 aji Limo very finely. Dice some fresh culantro (straight from my windowsill garden in this case). Add the diced aji limo with the langostinos, stir, and let absorb the flavor for 3 minutes. Add the culantro, mix, then let rest for 3 minutes. Juice 10 limes, add with the langostinos, and mix in. Let it absorb for 3-5 minutes.

Batter and deep fry some calamari, including the tentacles.

Cook some yams, then slice them up.

Toast some cancha corn.

Plate everything up, and eat it.

Delicious!!!!

Attachments

• 20160215_205911.jpg
    20160215_205911.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 48
  • 20160215_223945.jpg
    20160215_223945.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 45
Nice. I bet the sweet tater would play cooler mixed in the ceviche as well... soaking up some tigre...

Great plate!!!!!

Back